Ayozé Pérez (now playing for Real Betis)

ponsaelius

It almost seemed like he was having a contest with Joselu to see who could touch the ball the least. I like him and I've defended his inclusion this season but christ he was garbage today.

:sadnod:

He may as well not have been on the pitch. Really can't function when he doesn't have space.

Yep that's his issue, he's needs space to run into to work as that creative midfielder. He can't do much from a static position someone like Sigurdsson can, for instance (not comparing the two, obviously).

It almost seemed like he was having a contest with Joselu to see who could touch the ball the least. I like him and I've defended his inclusion this season but christ he was garbage today.

Yep. Hope he gets a bit of a grilling in training after today, and comes out of it stronger. Wouldn't drop him.

Yep. Hope he gets a bit of a grilling in training after today, and comes out of it stronger. Wouldn't drop him.

I would have, but its Burnley next. If there's a team where pressing them in possesion will be valuable, it should be them.

There is no connection between him and Joselu.  At least with Mitro the two seem to have an understanding.

There was a time where his team mates could smash a pass towards him in knee height and he'd just bring it down and turn the opposition player in one beautiful movement as if it was nothing. I remember him doing it so often, and it was beautiful. Not sure what's happened with him. Totally lost the confidence? Maybe he's become top heavy because of putting on too much muscle? It just seems that he's lost that agility and balance which used to be one of his strengths. These days he just seems to stumble around so much struggling to control the ball more often than not. Hopefully he can become good again.

Sick of the sight of this fucker at the minute. He's giving us absolutely nothing, can't create, can't hold it, crumbles and gives it away under the slightest pressure, no threat at all and easy to defend against.

He's got ability but he's been poor for a while.