Ayozé Pérez (now playing for Real Betis)

ponsaelius

He's hit and miss but he'll find form again as the team does. It's not as if Rondon or Joselu did much to support him yesterday.

I'm still convinced that Muto is absolutely shit as well so he'll continue to start for the time being imo.

Rafa has repeatedly said Muto is a striker and not a number, 10 therefore he's not competing with Perez (unless we switch to a more standard 4 4 2). Which in turn means Perez is pretty much guaranteed to keep his place despite his poor displays this season.

I do have sympathy for him due to us playing so much on the back foot so far this season but some of his play is just not good enough, gives the ball away far too easily, and doesn't have the required speed or strength to hurt teams. I'd say he's an easy day's work for a centre half or whoever picks him up.

Essentially he's a decent squad player but shouldn't be playing every week but due to the farcical running of this football club he still has to be one of our key players.

• 2 weeks later...

Apart from you know, assisting the first goal

Fair point.  He passed the ball to someone else who scored and then proceeded to miss several sitters.

Name one

The air shot.

That was a sitter?

Apart from you know, assisting the first goal

Fair point.  He passed the ball to someone else who scored and then proceeded to miss several sitters.

Name one

The air shot.

That was a sitter?

Although I haven't looked back at it, I seem to remember it being pretty close to the goal and under little pressure.  The kind of chance where you expect the net to bulge.

Not good enough really. I have said all he is, is a finisher. He can’t do anything else. If he played for a mid table Spanish club he’s be great. Over here the game is too physical for him and he offers nothing to a team aside from getting on the end of chances. A Premier League team outside of the top 4-6 can’t afford to carry a player like him.

Not good enough really. I have said all he is, is a finisher. He can’t do anything else. If he played for a mid table Spanish club he’s be great. Over here the game is too physical for him and he offers nothing to a team aside from getting on the end of chances. A Premier League team outside of the top 4-6 can’t afford to carry a player like him.

I wish he had the finishing today.  Didn't even have that.

Complete waste of a squad member at the minute.

While he isn't really good enough if we want to push on and boy does he seem to frustratingly waste a lot of chances, he is also our top scorer last season, is often involved in the good things we do when we do them and is owed some respect.

While he isn't really good enough if we want to push on and boy does he seem to frustratingly waste a lot of chances, he is also our top scorer last season, is often involved in the good things we do when we do them and is owed some respect.

He was our least shite striker last season.  He's still properly shite though...

I wish he had the finishing today.  Didn't even have that.

Complete waste of a squad member at the minute.

Nah, still happy to have him on the back of mine :thup: