Ayozé Pérez (now playing for Real Betis)

ponsaelius

yes, he unequivocally does work hard. The problem is not that.

Aye, it’s about the only attribute he has, a good engine and work rate.  Although if you want someone just to run about all day and do fuck all else, might as well get one of the Brownlee twins in as they’d probably be cheaper.

He's undeniably in poor form at the moment, nothing like the back end of last season, or some of his early time here.

The options seem to be a like-for like swap (who would be... Longstaff?) or some jiggery-pokery with formations or square pegs and round holes. I don't think this is the best time to be changing things (though am of course open to the argument that things aren't working and need to be changed).

Thus, Ayoze continues.

It might be all my fault actually - I got him on my top this season. I am notoriously good at jinxes

Guest firetotheworks

He's shocking, like. He also seems immune from rotation.... I know we don't have much else but surely ANYONE is better than this dipshit.

I think that's how a lot of people think about a lot of our players until their replacement comes on. :lol: We definitely don't have a better option than Perez imo.

Guest neesy111

Feels like we haven't had a proper number 10 for ages. De Jong was never fit before that it was probably Nolan. I don't really count Cabaye as one

No way was Cabaye a #10.

Sadly he's actually getting worse, whether it be confidence or whatever but he's now becoming a liability and it won't be long before the fans really start to turn on him.. if that hasn't happened already?

However as pointed out by many we have no other viable option for that role which perfectly sums up our plight! I think I'd actually go as far as changing the system now to get him out of the team, go 3 - 5 -2 so the number ten role is no longer required.

Guest firetotheworks

As unbelievably frustrating as he is though, I can't think of a match he hasn't played in where we've looked better. Him hitting form always seems to feel crucial to our overall success, which again is a measure of the situation we're in.

Sadly he's actually getting worse, whether it be confidence or whatever but he's now becoming a liability and it won't be long before the fans really start to turn on him.. if that hasn't happened already?

However as pointed out by many we have no other viable option for that role which perfectly sums up our plight! I think I'd actually go as far as changing the system now to get him out of the team, go 3 - 5 -2 so the number ten role is no longer required.

Personally, if I have one genuine gripe about Rafa, it is I think he selects players (from what he has) for a system. Rather than a system to suit our strongest (ahem...) 11.

Guest firetotheworks

Perez created more chances than any other PL player this weekend (6).

Meat and drink for those odd men that love saying someone's 'All fart and no shite'

Our team can create as many chances as they want our shower of shit forwards couldn't hit a cows arse with a shovel full of sand

Sounds quite difficult, to be fair. Would be quite heavy and difficult to aim without spilling. :icon_scratch:

Our team can create as many chances as they want our shower of shit forwards couldn't hit a cows arse with a shovel full of sand

Sounds quite difficult, to be fair. Would be quite heavy and difficult to aim without spilling. :icon_scratch:

Something really wrong with you if you have a cows arse a matter of feet infront of you and you cant hit it with a shovel full of sand...no grains at all hit cows said behind

He's in a weird position and I wonder what it's like for him. His own self-esteem. He's not a properly proven PL player but he's had some success. He's in a bad run of form and he gets selected every week. I wonder what his confidence is like right now. Does he know he's going to play crap again next weekend?

Never been a huge fan but I feel a bit sorry for him. When he first came we had De Jong that could replace him but now he's a guaranteed starter and he's just fucking awful. Needs a break.

Guest firetotheworks

Something really wrong with you if you have a cows arse a matter of feet infront of you and you cant hit it with a shovel full of sand...no grains at all hit cows said behind

Probably fair to say that, actually, there's something wrong with you if you have a cow's arse a matter of feet in front of you at all.

Depends on what you mean by 'chances' and even what you mean by 'created'!

Depends what you mean by 'player' and even what you mean by 'weekend!'