Ayozé Pérez (now playing for Real Betis)

ponsaelius

Good news Rafa coming in for Ayoze I reckon

I thought exactly the same. the fact that he's been benched at all this season is fucking ridiculous.

I reckon Rafa could be the man to take him to the next level

Good news Rafa coming in for Ayoze I reckon

It's good news for everyone who isn't s*** tbh. :lol:

Watch it turn out that Gouff is actually a tremendous CB underneath it all. :lol:

:scared:

Ayoze Perez says he's looking forward to working with compatriot Rafa Benitez - and believes the former Real Madrid boss can "be the man" to steer Newcastle United away from the relegation zone.

Perez's fellow countryman arrived on Tyneside on Friday to take the reins at St. James' Park, and will take charge of Monday night's trip to Barclays Premier League leaders Leicester City (8pm kick-off).

And Perez believes that the time has now come for the players to "do our jobs" as they seek to give Benitez the perfect start to life on Tyneside with a win at the King Power Stadium.

"It's big news for us. We're really looking forward to trying to save the season and obviously Rafa can be the man," said the 22-year-old.

"We know he's a top manager. He's been with big teams and it's something good for us, so we're looking forward to working with him. We worked with him on Friday, and now we've got ten more games to try and save the season.

"It's the right time, with ten games to go. It's a lot, but you have to think about it game by game. We have to try and take points and get results, believe in ourselves and do our jobs."

Early on in his managerial career, Madrid-born Benitez had a spell in charge of Perez's former club Tenerife, who the ex-Liverpool boss guided to promotion to La Liga in 2001.

And forward Perez, who has bagged five goals in a black and white shirt so far this campaign, reckons a fresh start under the new manager may just be what's needed if the Magpies are to preserve their top-flight status.

"Every club he has been at, he's been really good. I was really young when he got that promotion with Tenerife, but the most important thing is we want to turn around this situation, get results and obviously everyone will be happy if we save this season," he said.

"You have to change your mindset a little bit, but in a good way. You feel like the past is gone, and this is something new. It's good for the team, and I think this news is going to be important - crucial. I could see the team trained yesterday with really good intensity.

"Everyone is happy and looking forward to improve, and to playing against Leicester. As soon as possible we want to win games again and get better results."

With such a stellar CV behind him, Benitez's appointment sees Newcastle become his latest port of call in a coaching career that has encompassed stints at Valencia, Inter Milan, Chelsea and Napoli, among other high-profile clubs.

And Perez believes the Magpies are a club with stature befitting of a trophy-winning boss like Benitez, and has called for focus as they prepare for the testing end-of-season run-in.

"Rafa Benitez has got a good name everywhere and everyone knows him, so that's why he's here in a big club trying to get success," he said.

"Newcastle is a big club, and we are not where we should be, so that's why Rafa is here - to try to get us a good position. It's a good challenge. Now we have to be focused on these ten games."

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20160312/perez-looking-forward-to-rafas-reign_2281670_5414598

Perez really hasn't been given much of a chance since he joined, not just under SMC. When we do play him we play long balls, he's talented enough to occasionally get on the end of them but he would work much better as a false nine, like Firmino at liverpool. Hopefully with some experienced coaches at the club now, his potentially can be tapped into by playing to his strengths.

He is absolutely the key to generating any sort of attacking play. I think he's wasted a bit as a wide player. I'd have him central. His close control is too good to have him doing the job a speed merchant could do. We need that sort of composure in the thick of it, central, building an attack from just in front of the defenders.

Mitro and Sissoko both have a decent touch but offer no penetration. One of them needs to be dropped.

Our best chances comes from playing either:

Colback --  Shelvy

Townsend -- Perez -- Gini

Mitro

or

Colback --  Shelvy

Townsend -- Sissoko -- Gini

Perez

In either scenario you've Perez dropping deeper to run at the defense and playing the ball off of a target-man type in either Sissoko or Mitro. If they crowd us out centrally you've still got the wide threats of Townsend and Gini. That forces the defense to stretch or leave attacking options for us on the wing.

I'd also fancy seeing Gini cutting in from wide playing the ball off of Perez or Mitro/Sissoko. Not relying on Mitro or Sissoko to create anything themselves, just being there to bounce the ball off.

That variation could work, too.

Either way, I think the general principle needs to be "Get Perez on the ball," and then have Gini and Andros bombing forward immediately when he does, then a target man option to play off of. He's got the skill to thread a ball through or keep running with it. He needs to be the engine in the final 3rd.

Not quite sure how we got to this point.  :lol:

Our best player tonight, along with Shelvey.

He had a great chance to score when it was 0-0 and he fluffed the chance. Like Sissoko, Mitro and De Jong later in the game, all of them seem to have a good game other than actually putting the ball in the net.