Ayozé Pérez (now playing for Real Betis)

ponsaelius

Give him an easy week in training, love him and he's very important for the way we play but he has been looking increasingly tired, don't want him to burn out.

Or bring him off the bench next week if we get Townsend in.

Guest Howaythetoon

He's a very good player, but he doesn't look sharp or 100% sharp to me. I don't know if its because he's being over worked or because he is low on confidence, but what we are seeing is not the Perez he is. As good as his strike and some of his touches and stages of play has been, he is much better. He's far too wasteful in possession these days for example.

He's a very good player, but he doesn't look sharp or 100% sharp to me. I don't know if its because he's being over worked or because he is low on confidence, but what we are seeing is not the Perez he is. As good as his strike and some of his touches and stages of play has been, he is much better. He's far too wasteful in possession these days for example.

His rise has been very fast... too fast to expect it every week from him. We need a striker that is already a seasoned pro who can do it in this league. Remy on loan would be great as he would take on all the pressure of scoring goals and buy time for Perez and Mitro to develop.

Guest Howaythetoon

His rise has been very fast... too fast to expect it every week from him. We need a striker that is already a seasoned pro who can do it in this league. Remy on loan would be great as he would take on all the pressure of scoring goals and buy time for Perez and Mitro to develop.

Good shout. Maybe a rest here and there will help him! In him and Wijnaldum we have two very very good players who can develop into top players, players who could be the best we have seen in our colors in a long long time. Shame the moment a huge bid comes in we will sell!

Seems a little burnt out and now playing out of position so his head may go down a little quicker than normal. Hope he has a good head on him, could learn loads from Wijnaldum and a perfect back up for that position.

Don't think he is at his best out left. I'm a bit worried as to where he fits in going forward.

Granted he needs a rest but if we do get another big money striker I don't necessarily think it will be at the expense of Mitro. It's probably going to be someone that can play with him or out wide. Then there is townsend.

He played on the left for Tenerife, didn't he? I think he'd be absolutely fine there with a good LB behind him. Long-term, he's probably a fit for 10 but I think he's better off sticking wide for now and keeping on learning his craft. We still need a LW, obviously - if that Montero rumour is true we should be all over that.

Needs a new deal.

Peanut wages for 1.5 or two seasons >>>> sold to Spurs for lets say £15m, or a little more, and Pocch & Levy snare their man >>>> easy, quick profit for Sports Direct United and more importantly no pain inflicted to the payroll. Easy money.

[inserts Mike Ashley Wins Again gif]

I'll he shocked if Perez is given a new deal.

• 2 weeks later...