Ayozé Pérez (now playing for Real Betis)

ponsaelius

He's like a technical little puppy so comfortable when he has his Rottweiler playing next to him and that makes him so much more relaxed as he only has to think about his own game. Mitro takes pressure off from him with his strength and hold up play and keeps the CB's busy.

Technically, he was probably the best player on the pitch.  Some of his touches and changes of direction were just unfair.  He was turning QPR defenders inside out all night.  I do think he was actually a bit wasteful in front of goal, though.  He must have been in behind about 7-8 times.  Only to make the wrong decision, run it into trouble, not finish well or slip over. 

What really impressed me, was his strength and speed.  He kept making diagonal runs on the blindside of defenders, either catching them off balance and nicking it off them, or he'd out jump them and head it on and breeze past.  A few times, he won the ball back, by out muscling the centre half.  Something I'm not used to seeing. 

Technically, he was probably the best player on the pitch.  Some of his touches and changes of direction were just unfair.  He was turning QPR defenders inside out all night.  I do think he was actually a bit wasteful in front of goal, though.  He must have been in behind about 7-8 times.  Only to make the wrong decision, run it into trouble, not finish well or slip over. 

What really impressed me, was his strength and speed.  He kept making diagonal runs on the blindside of defenders, either catching them off balance and nicking it off them, or he'd out jump them and head it on and breeze past.  A few times, he won the ball back, by out muscling the centre half.  Something I'm not used to seeing. 

That's the most frustrating thing for me, he is so close to being one of the most special players in English football but he just doesn't quite deliver. Yesterday for all the trouble he gave QPR, he really should have bagged a couple more goals.

Shame he didn't finish that chance when Shelvey nicked the ball and played him in.

People who saw the full 90, was he good overall?

He was very good, was a handful and had their defenders rattled. He was playing with no pressure whatsoever once we were 2 up and you could tell, he was flicking it over defenders, turning them inside and out non-stop and trying to create opportunities every attack.

Tbf though yesterday the entire team were a solid 8/10 or above and you'd struggle to play bad when we had about 35 shots and were cruising all game.

He needs to carry on and try to get a bit of consistency. Frustrating in the past when Perez could look quality one week then abysmal for the next few weeks.

It's fantastic for both us and Perez that his best position is starting to emerge, the second striker type who's able to show his skills buzzing around the carnage created by a battering ram.

Yes, absolutely. Nailed it.

Not quite an attacking mid you play off of a striker like Gayle. More of a second striker playing off a guy that creates space by occupying the centre backs with physicality.

I would definitely have hooked Pérez at HT today. Didn't look up for it all game and was amazed that Ritchie was taken off instead of Pérez.

One of their players ran past Pérez in the 2nd half and he just gave up chasing, and then his pissing about in his own third that led to their second topped off a desperate performance. Could and should struggle to get back into the team.

Worrying lack of effort today. Gallowgate end turned on him  in the 2nd half when he just gave up on a ball he could have kept in play.

Heard that, I think he needs to be playing in a slower paced league tbh, ironically back to Spain I think he'd flourish.

Worrying lack of effort today. Gallowgate end turned on him  in the 2nd half when he just gave up on a ball he could have kept in play.

Heard that, I think he needs to be playing in a slower paced league tbh, ironically back to Spain I think he'd flourish.

Sadly, I think you're right.