Ayozé Pérez (now playing for Real Betis)

ponsaelius

Well yeah, he's not a striker, so of course he can't. Not if you want to win games.

Come to think of it I don't remember him really playing up front by himself in a 4-3-3 at all.

The wins against Tottenham, Liverpool, West Brom, QPR in a row in 14/15. Scored in three of them.

Well yeah, he's not a striker, so of course he can't. Not if you want to win games.

Come to think of it I don't remember him really playing up front by himself in a 4-3-3 at all.

The wins against Tottenham, Liverpool, West Brom, QPR in a row in 14/15. Scored in three of them.

The luckiest run of form I've known at this club, really did paper over the cracks. When you think about it though apart from the goals that Perez scored on that run, he didn't do much else in the games

He'll be fine if he plays on the left.

What is he going to bring to the team on the left? Genuine question.

He offers genuine threat coming in as a right-footer operating in that inside-left channel. He tracks back well enough. He has far more space to work with out wide than in the middle where his lack of physicality has been often exposed. He can beat a man. The majority of his best performances for us have been when he played on the left with license to roam inside (Chelsea, West Ham, Norwich) and he is better than the alternatives.

Be great if Hanley turned out to be the most intelligent guy in the squad

Looks can be deceiving. Although he does resemble an extra from the Planet of the Apes.

http://www.unusualattractions.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/you-dont-say-FB.jpg

Where does Perez fit in our team if he can find some form soon? I'm talking about our first choice lineup. Rafa favours the 4-2-3-1, but if we spend decent money on another winger then you would expect them to go in on the left of the 3. Would Diame playing deep, and Ayoze in the middle of the 3 work?

Be great if Hanley turned out to be the most intelligent guy in the squad

Looks can be deceiving. Although he does resemble an extra from the Planet of the Apes.

Okay. Has looked good so far, tbh, I don't know how you can judge his intelligence so early.