Ayozé Pérez (now playing for Real Betis)

ponsaelius

Guest alijmitchell

Unbelievable some of the comments here. Perez will be Maradonna next.

Joselu runs around. Perez runs around. Gayle runs around. You know what they don’t do?

That’s why we are in the position we are in. They aren’t good enough and Perez certainly isn’t. Most of the games he plays he just does not contribute enough where it matters in such a key position. Running around isn’t enough. Holding up the ball and then losing easily is not enough.

FFS, Too many people on here are frightened to state the obvious

Come on man, all people are saying is that a) he seems to have improved recently and b) that improvement has also coincided with the team picking up points. Everyone knows our players aren’t good enough, it’s stating the obvious, so no need to get worked up about it.

Guest alijmitchell

That's because there's a conformity problem in this board. People scared shitless from saying something "out of the norm" in case they're jumped on.

Interesting point, but I totally disagree. I’ve raised points about individual players recently and had them questioned, so I don’t think that’s true at all. However, if other people think there isn’t a conformity problem, does that mean we’re all conforming to the idea that there isn’t a conformity problem? I have to ask

People trying to claim bravery for posting a dissenting opinion on a message board now? :lol:

Perez is not a good Premiership player, it's just odd to single him out when he's doing a decent enough job of what he's being told by the manager. We'll obviously get rid of him and most of the squad when/if we get taken over. It's not hard to grasp.

If he starts playing shit (as in shit even for us) or stops doing what he's asked then he'll be dropped.

No. Just that some people are fucking falling for the conformity bullshit that goes on here.

That's because there's a conformity problem in this board. People scared shitless from saying something "out of the norm" in case they're jumped on.

Absolute rubbish. Couldn't give a fuck if someone on here agreed with me or not. Out of the forwards we currently have, Perez is clearly the best of the lot. Alongside a competent striker he will produce more as we put more pressure on teams.

I didn't pick anyone out and I didn't say everyone here does it. Calm your tits down.

Unbelievable some of the comments here. Perez will be Maradonna next.

Joselu runs around. Perez runs around. Gayle runs around. You know what they don’t do?

That’s why we are in the position we are in. They aren’t good enough and Perez certainly isn’t. Most of the games he plays he just does not contribute enough where it matters in such a key position. Running around isn’t enough. Holding up the ball and then losing easily is not enough.

FFS, Too many people on here are frightened to state the obvious

:lol::lol: not really it's clear you're shite.

If you make an opinion that's 'out of the norm' you've just got to be prepared to defend it. Whether that's in this thread, the Rafa thread or any thread

When someone says that others 'are frightened to state the obvious' then you're obviously going to get ridiculed for a comment like that. It's the same as people who say they are 'telling it how it is'

If you make an opinion that's 'out of the norm' you've just got to be prepared to defend it. Whether that's in this thread, the Rafa thread or any thread

When someone says that others 'are frightened to state the obvious' then you're obviously going to get ridiculed for a comment like that. It's the same as people who say they are 'telling it how it is'

:thup:

Guest firetotheworks

Aka debate...on a forum no less.

Also attacking.

Ah yeah, like when everyone else uploaded audio recordings of themselves attempting to wind you up. [emoji38] Just defend your opinions man, stop whinging about 'not being allowed' to say things because others disagree. People disagree with me constantly on here, including you, and it's part of the reason I'm here, I'm not sure what you want.

It's also quite natural for a place like this to come to a sort of consensus, it's not like Twitter where it's open to every (this place technically is, but very niche in internet terms) and people from all walks of life will have a say on a matter, which will mean you will get different views and opinions.

However in a place like this, over time the regulars on here will start to be slowly influenced by each other, and the people who don't like that overarching consensus will tend to leave, so when new people come in and have a different opinion people will respond.

That's not to say everyone's opinion isn't there own, but it can be a natural thing to happen over a period of time, essentially for a smallish forum.

Erm, no. Because stating an opinion that's not regularly agreed upon on here is not by default something that necessarily needs defending. It could be that someone sees it from a different angle. Why does that need defending? I can understand if it's quite an unusual claim, but obviously football is a very dynamic and varied sport, of course people will have all sort of different views.

As for your second paragraph, I never made that comment. In fact, the essence of my point is not that people are scared of stating the obvious. It's that they're reluctant to give an opinion that's likely to go against the general forum consensus.

Aka debate...on a forum no less.

Also attacking.

Ah yeah, like when everyone else uploaded audio recordings of themselves attempting to wind you up. [emoji38] Just defend your opinions man, stop whinging about 'not being allowed' to say things because others disagree. People disagree with me constantly on here, including you, and it's part of the reason I'm here, I'm not sure what you want.

:lol:  Come on, that's just a bit of a laugh, dude!

And no, I don't agree that I should shuffle it under the carpet. I'm not conforming to that shit.

N-O group think...God help us! (...just checked to see if I was using the right term.)

Groupthink: "Occurs when a group makes faulty decisions because group pressures lead to [get this!] a deterioration of mental efficiency, reality testing, and moral judgement... the group ignores alternatives and tend to take irrational actions that dehumanise other groups. A group is especially vulnerable to groupthink when its members are similar in background, support the same team , and are insulated from outside opinions. Can manifest in unusual sporadic use of shared language, like excessive use of the word 'walk' in transfer windows. " [spooky!... I may have employed a little poetic licence for the bits in italics.]