Ayozé Pérez (now playing for Real Betis)

ponsaelius

I wish we would play him up top alone a bit more until Slimani's fit. He seems more likely to score than Gayle who is just wasting a shirt at the moment.

:thup: honestly thought Stoke away (and many of us keep banging on this point) was our best setup with Murphy and Ritchie out wide and Atsu and Perez as the central 2. Personally think sub in Kenedy for Ritchie and play that away to Palace and until Slimani is fit.

probably our best striker at the moment - not counting slimani.

Two league goals so far. Just to keep your comment in context.

Going forward Ayoze, Kenedy and Murphy need to be playing behind Slimani

He might've run around but he did next to nothing else. That is the minimum you expect.

He gave away the ball cheaply and fell over a lot, admittedly to get a few free kicks but that was all.

He needs to go.

What? He's been one of our best players since the turn of the year. :lol:

He might've run around but he did next to nothing else. That is the minimum you expect.

He gave away the ball cheaply and fell over a lot, admittedly to get a few free kicks but that was all.

He needs to go.

Load'a rubbish, Ayoze gets through more work than anyone else in the team game after game, to say he does nothing is hugely inaccurate. To say he needs to go is outright ridiculous. He has been excellent in games for us this season.

If that job includes not scoring or making goals but running around aimlessly then I'm right behind Rafa.

Perez is the man.

BY the way Rafa, I can do that and I'm a lot cheaper.

Perez is our top scorer mate :thup:

Tell me what he does.

Is he a goal threat? No.

Has he got a hell of a shot? No.

Is he good in the air? No.

Is he a creative player carving out chances for others? No. He is no Iniesta thats for sure.

Defense splitting passes? No.

Does he give the ball away consistently and fall onto the ground waving his arms? Yes.

Does he run around all day? Yes he can.

Call me old fashioned but I like my forwards to score occasionally and make a nuisance of themselves in the box creating space for others.