Ayozé Pérez (now playing for Real Betis)

ponsaelius

No one has really mentioned the lad but thought he was excellent yesterday. He’s really been putting in the hard yards, never gives the opposition CBs time in the ball, and an excellent run and pass for the second goal. Clearly never going to get the number of goals required to take us to the next level, but can’t knock his effort.

Thought he was poor personally, and I've usually been one to give him a chance. Needs to spend the summer in the gym to build up a bit of strength to make it at this level. I guess he's doing a half decent job in a role he isn't really suited to

Thought he was poor personally, and I've usually been one to give him a chance. Needs to spend the summer in the gym to build up a bit of strength to make it at this level. I guess he's doing a half decent job in a role he isn't really suited to

Agree with this, did really well for rhe goal, but spent the rest of the game getting brushed off the ball like a weak child.

His set up pass to Gayle for the 2nd goal was a great piece of play; the way he moved the ball between his feet completely fooled the defender beside him and made the pass what it was. The lad can play; can be very frustrating.

Guest Howaythetoon

I just wish he was stronger on the ball and a bit more quicker. If we can find a similar player to him who has those attributes, alongside a goal scorer, we could be in business. I don’t rate him highly, but we play better with him in the side and he’s central to the way we play or try to under Rafa.

His set up pass to Gayle for the 2nd goal was a great piece of play; the way he moved the ball between his feet completely fooled the defender beside him and made the pass what it was. The lad can play; can be very frustrating.

I don't know how he played for the 90 mins but that footwork was pure class. He's such an enigma. At times he looks world class, at others he falls over at the slightest nudge. I do like him though so am always willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Thought he was ace yesterday. Really like Perez at times, such hassle to play against. Closing down, carrying the ball, winning free-kicks. Almost like a yard quicker when he's on his day.

Still got loads of potential, Perez.

I don't know how he played for the 90 mins but that footwork was pure class. He's such an enigma. At times he looks world class, at others he falls over at the slightest nudge. I do like him though so am always willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

If he didn’t do that shuffle the defender would have intercepted the pass and It also allowed Gayle to catch up play a little. It was very subtle and it was effortless, it really does deserve more praise. I was disappointed that MOTD didn’t analyse the goal after the game as it was a fantastically worked goal.

Whatever I think about how good he is.  He makes a massive difference to our results. 

Yesterday he showed moments of real quality which is great to see. 

In the league he has 2 goals and 3 assists in 20 games starts. Clearly that’s not good enough and he needs to improve his effectiveness in front of goal. Even a 1 in 4 record would be great. That would put him in an Okazaki type return. 

I like how he finishes with the flexed bicep emoji in that tweet. He's liable to get knocked about a bit being a smallish lad, but he's always scrapping away anyway and jumps up for more.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-3-0-southampton-read-14395128

Totally anonymous against Southampton according to the Chronicle  ;D :lol:

Can I take a moment to comment on how absurd it is that a picture of me from SEVEN years ago is still somebody's avatar :lol:

This forum that day, evening, unreal :lol:

Greg literally passed me by on the street and shouted out "oldtype?" Nobody will ever believe it.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-3-0-southampton-read-14395128

Totally anonymous against Southampton according to the Chronicle  ;D :lol:

Can I take a moment to comment on how absurd it is that a picture of me from SEVEN years ago is still somebody's avatar :lol:

This forum that day, evening, unreal :lol:

Greg literally passed me by on the street and shouted out "oldtype?" Nobody will ever believe it.

What a day. What a night.