Ayozé Pérez (now playing for Real Betis)

ponsaelius

Really wish that early chance he got and dragged just wide had gone in, would have really boosted him, he did nearly everything right, shot early before defence had caught up, turned well, just a bit off target  :lol:. His work rate has improved, doesn't seem to be as weak as he has been for a while, helped a lot by the exemplary closing down from the two behind him as well.

Really wish that early chance he got and dragged just wide had gone in, would have really boosted him, he did nearly everything right, shot early before defence had caught up, turned well, just a bit off target  :lol:. His work rate has improved, doesn't seem to be as weak as he has been for a while, helped a lot by the exemplary closing down from the two behind him as well.

He knew by scoring so soon it would have woken up Man U and it would be tricky seeing the game out for so long. By putting it wide, it did enough to spur the fans help create an atmosphere and make us think we had a chance of a result. Tactically sound play.

I thought his hold up play was very valuable in the second half yesterday. Not everything he tries comes off, but he bought us a lot of time and was hugely important to helping us see out the game.

Got absolutely no problem with his work rate and dedication so don't like being overly critical but sadly you just know his contribution in an attacking sense will be minimal. He often loses possession due to inability to compete physically and hasn't got the pace or guile to really hurt teams. We really needed an upgrade in his position as much as we needed a new striker in January.

I respectfully disagree. I reckon he could be a very good foil for Slimani.

Unbelievable some of the comments here. Perez will be Maradonna next.

Joselu runs around. Perez runs around. Gayle runs around. You know what they don’t do?

That’s why we are in the position we are in. They aren’t good enough and Perez certainly isn’t. Most of the games he plays he just does not contribute enough where it matters in such a key position. Running around isn’t enough. Holding up the ball and then losing easily is not enough.

FFS, Too many people on here are frightened to state the obvious

He's not a great player like but oh boy praise a player who has long struggled for any improvement and suddenly we're calling him maradonna and are conformists scared of being jumped on. We shouldn't be in the position where we have to rely on as unreliable players like Perez Gayle and Joselu and yet here we are (well until Slimani is fit hopefully). Gayle and Joselu don't think have demonstrated much worth but at least perez has improved. Not brought goals of course which is what we need.

The reason people might be saying similar things might be because we all watched the same match and saw an improved performance and commented on that. If everyone had different individual opinions, that would be a bit mad.

Guest firetotheworks

So Perez has a decent game, people say he had a decent game and suddenly everyone thinks he's Maradona? :lol:

So many fucking drama queens on here who think they're being oppressed for having their shite points discussed. Grow up.

People trying to claim bravery for posting a dissenting opinion on a message board now? :lol:

Perez is not a good Premiership player, it's just odd to single him out when he's doing a decent enough job of what he's being told by the manager. We'll obviously get rid of him and most of the squad when/if we get taken over. It's not hard to grasp.

If he starts playing shit (as in shit even for us) or stops doing what he's asked then he'll be dropped.

I think he's worth persevering with, we could just do with better options in his position to take the pressure off him a bit and give him a break, along with some genuine competition.

His positioning is incredibly intelligent for a player of his years, and his graft often wins us the ball high up the field.

He's a good player and I really think he's worth keeping.

I think he's worth persevering with, we could just do with better options in his position to take the pressure off him a bit and give him a break, along with some genuine competition.

His positioning is incredibly intelligent for a player of his years, and his graft often wins us the ball high up the field.

:thup:

Basically always thought this. Is he great? No. Do we need a squad? Yes.

That's because there's a conformity problem in this board. People scared shitless from saying something "out of the norm" in case they're jumped on.

Absolute rubbish. Couldn't give a fuck if someone on here agreed with me or not. Out of the forwards we currently have, Perez is clearly the best of the lot. Alongside a competent striker he will produce more as we put more pressure on teams.

Yup