Ayozé Pérez (now playing for Real Betis)

ponsaelius

I see the "support the team" gobshites would rather tell a goalscorer during a win to fuck off in the midst of celebrating said goal than, you know, supporting the team. :fool:

Hope he hits a vein of form similar to the tail end of last season now.

I see the "support the team" gobshites would rather tell a goalscorer during a win to f*** off in the midst of celebrating said goal than, you know, supporting the team. :fool:

Hope he hits a vein of form similar to the tail end of last season now.

33 goals now in around 140 league games. Not bad at all for a 1m striker who was 19 year old when he arrived who has been playing as a number 10 for a lot of that

I think it's just a celebration now, like, rather than any a message with major intention behind it. The Wolves one was meant - he was deadfaced as he did it. But he's laughing away as he did it against Blackburn and Cardiff; there's a bit of irony in it now.

Hope he keeps scoring lerdza gerlz and keeps winding up the creatures.

I think it's just a celebration now, like, rather than any a message with major intention behind it. The Wolves one was meant - he was deadfaced as he did it. But he's laughing away as he did it against Blackburn and Cardiff; there's a bit of irony in it now.

Hope he keeps scoring lerdza gerlz and keeps winding up the creatures.

Exactly, Rondon and Lascelles did it with him on Saturday as well.

Is it not completely stupid for Pérez to do this still? I genuinely despise any booing etc, have never done it and while a lot of people in SJP would have got on his back, the fact is there’s also others who like me don’t approve of booing either. So why dosent he focus on that and celebrate the goal for fans who have supported him? Why is he focusing on the negative? It’s pissing in the face of others and says something about him. .

It's clearly one of the best celebrations in football at the moment, other players like Roofe are copying it. Only our miserable fans fail to appreciate it.

Funny how he's started performing since everyone's been giving him shit though.

I don't agree with booing players at all but the criticism he was getting from other quarters was fully justified. I'm pleased his form has picked up and if it makes him happy to do his shit little celebration then he should fill his boots, as long as he keeps playing well, continues to stay on his feet and stops fucking whingeing i've got no problem with it.

Guest firetotheworks

I'm always going to be all for anyone telling dickheads to fuck off for being dickheads. Petulance doesn't even come into it, they can be as petty as they like.

I don't agree with booing players at all but the criticism he was getting from other quarters was fully justified. I'm pleased his form has picked up and if it makes him happy to do his shit little celebration then he should fill his boots, as long as he keeps playing well, continues to stay on his feet and stops fucking whingeing i've got no problem with it.

Should've gone down when the wanker Bennett crashed into him in the box, and would've been completely justified. Of course, knowing our luck, the ref wouldn't have given us a pen :lol:

Should've gone down when the wanker Bennett crashed into him in the box, and would've been completely justified. Of course, knowing our luck, the ref wouldn't have given us a pen :lol:

I was actually going to include that in my post - it's the one fucking time he should've gone down and decided to be the tough guy.

Nope. Absolutely not justified. Absolutely not.

The only whinging I can remember is when he got smashed in the face and didn’t get a pen - he certainly “whinged” in the press conference after the game. Personally, I’m happy when injustice is railed against, but maybe you’re different.

our own fans still slagging a guy who's scoring goals for a celebration that still upsets them - :lol:

"A" fan really but "fans" makes a better story  :)

Ayoze divides opinion but few could deny that he contributes a lot and is involved in many of our goals, often in tight games.

And to be honest I've yet to hear of anyone who gives a fuck about what he does when he scores apart from some media and on line platforms.

You could just as much say "why get motivated when Lascelles calls for support" or anything like that though, surely? Why get emotionally involved in football at all? Fact is that fans do get involved, and they like to feel on the same side as the players.

It's not a big deal or anything, but I'm surprised at the lack of understanding.

He called protesting fans negative - world of difference. I know you don't really agree with any of it but like Lascelles being dopey enough to put himself in the firing line, fans criticising the players overly harshly shouldn't expect not to get a rise out of people in much the same way.

Guest neesy111

He called protesting fans negative - world of difference. I know you don't really agree with any of it but like Lascelles being dopey enough to put himself in the firing line, fans criticising the players overly harshly shouldn't expect not to get a rise out of people in much the same way.

:thup:

our own fans still slagging a guy who's scoring goals for a celebration that still upsets them - :lol:

"A" fan really but "fans" makes a better story  :)

Ayoze divides opinion but few could deny that he contributes a lot and is involved in many of our goals, often in tight games.

And to be honest I've yet to hear of anyone who gives a fuck about what he does when he scores apart from some media and on line platforms.

A guy literally told him to fuck off, after his goal at the stadium. It's on all the replays.

He’s directing it at the people who’ve likely called him shit, a quitter, soft etc. and yet he’s grafted his bollocks off for this club since the day he’s signed. He’s always said how committed he is and how much he enjoys playing for this club.

Perez is right and more than entitled to have a go back, just saying I’m surprised that people don’t expect a reaction from some fans.

No problem with them having a reaction, hope they have many more because it will mean he's scoring more goals. Let's be fair, he could be taking those fingers out of his ears and raising them in the air instead.