Ayozé Pérez (now playing for Real Betis)

ponsaelius

Did Pérez ever play wide in Spain, VI?

He played wide, behind the main striker and ended up leading the line for Tenerife. He's one of those young lads that still hasn't really developed a ''main'' position, though.

In that case, can't see why he shouldn't take Gouffran's place in the team.

:pardsgrin:

From the little we've seen of him, he seems a down to earth guy. Basing that entirely off him visiting a Blyth Spartans match, but that was encouraging to see.

From the little we've seen on the pitch, I'd drop Rivière for him with no hesitation. Perez looks ready. He'll learn the league as he goes, which is the only way you can do it really.

From the little we've seen of him, he seems a down to earth guy. Basing that entirely off him visiting a Blyth Spartans match, but that was encouraging to see.

From the little we've seen on the pitch, I'd drop Rivière for him with no hesitation. Perez looks ready. He'll learn the league as he goes, which is the only way you can do it really.

His brother plays for Blyth.

Dunno, we have a decent track record developing young players, I'd say.

Rather he stays put in NUFC and has a great career at your place, anyway, no need to hurry and plan his move to big clubs already :aww:

Yeah I'm jesting :aww: you do. You don't buy young players and ruin them, more buy expensive crap players and discover they are crap :lol:

Dunno, we have a decent track record developing young players, I'd say.

Rather he stays put in NUFC and has a great career at your place, anyway, no need to hurry and plan his move to big clubs already :aww:

Yeah I'm jesting :aww: you do. You don't buy young players and ruin them, more buy expensive crap players and discover they are crap :lol:

That's our M.O. indeed :lol:

We either sign youngsters for our youth teams, or the finished article for the senior squad; not much in between.

Fingers crossed Pardew continues to ignore this lad, I have a horrible feeling he'll turn out to be another one of those players who will produce goals from nowhere to rescue Pardew's bumbling attempts to get results.

People have asked for a diamond ever since the Ba and Cissé 442 farce. I have always felt we had the players for it and still do.

Issue being the manager is Pardew, until that changes it's not something that's worth considering.

I think some form of two up top is certainly our best bet, plenty of second striker partners for Cisse. I think Cabella in a Silva-esque on the right could work well if Perez is to start. From the little we've seen of him, he seems to be a player that likes to go out wide and link up with midfielders. Cabella's final third game seems to be about combinations in tight areas so that could work well. Would need a proper winger on the other side though, Aarons could probably do the job.

Either way, 4-2-3-1 is just redundant without de Jong.

I think players like him or HBA in his time are deemed by Pardew as a "risk", instead of "tried and trusted" more physical players. AP is one of the most risk-adverse managers I have ever seen. Even people like Allardyce always made room for the likes of Djorkaeff or Okocha in his workmanlike teams.