Ayozé Pérez (now playing for Real Betis)

ponsaelius

Said it before but he will play for Madrid

real madrid?  i like the kid but i doubt very much he's anywhere near that standard

Miles Starforth ‏@milesstarforth  11m11 minutes ago

Ayoze Perez snubbed Barcelona AND Real Madrid to sign for Newcastle. http://bit.ly/1ty2wOU  #nufc #fcb #realmadrid #sgaz

:smugdog:

:lol:

I think I've read SanToon's 'Ayoze 2 Real' prediction almost as many times as he's said 'Shots Fired'.

Both equally hilarious.

Aside from the fact both Real and Barca wanted him, it's dead funny I agree :thup:

:lol: Just yankin yer chain, boy.

He's beat Valerón for the second award, who was the favorite.

So, technically, you have a player that's better than Valerón.

Isn't he about 40 by now?

39! He looks like Maradona in Liga Adelante, though, with the slower pace and acres of space he's afforded.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/528241/Ayoze-Perez-Pappis-Cisse-League-Cup-Newcastle-Manchester-City

Ayoze Perez to get Newcastle nod AHEAD of Papiss Cisse for Man City clash

ALAN PARDEW will keep faith with the player who earned him victory at Tottenham when Newcastle hit the cup trail tomorrow.

Cisse has a knee injury that forced his late withdrawal at Spurs and he is unlikely to be risked at the Emirates.

I know it doesn't matter but signing his equivalent from the Championship would have probably cost £8-15m on the back of what he did last year and we'd have expected him in and around the team.

The cretins at a The Chronicle were touting him as one for the development squad. Whether it was Pardew's initial plan too, or whether he's just further along and better than we thought he'd be, he's at least being given a shot to try and influence & change games.

How the hell he scored from a header is beyond me. I saw him going up for a couple of long Krul punts and he got clattered by the central defender both times. The lad must be an absolute genius to have fashioned a goal from service meant for a 6'4 target man.