Ayozé Pérez (now playing for Real Betis)

ponsaelius

Guy on my Facebook saying he knew that he'd be a great signing, as if anyone had really heard of him man :lol:.  Can't fault his determination though, shown more heart than both Cisse and Riviere when given a chance.

Was never a given, but if we'd signed a 21 year old from the Championship after a 17 goal season for say, £8m, we'd have expected a very good player. That's what we got.

I like that he's fast enough to outpace the majority of defenders. He's not as slow as Cisse which will still make him useful when he goes through a dry run. He's not strong but he's quick enough to run the channels and provide an outlet for the team. Not as good as Bellamy doing it but his finishing so far looks better.

Would love to see him play AM with a lad that can bring others into play as the main striker.

Goal aside he struggled to get into the game due to physicality but he kept at it and always looked dangerous where it really matters and was unlucky not to score again. He does what Cisse was meant to do in the box but also has more pace, work rate, movement and looks to have an overall game if not a physical one atm.

If you were to ask me who was the 12m international and who was the 2m second division signing.....

Guest Roger Kint

Honestly there are only a handful of players who'd even try that goal let alone score it. The kid is gonna be a star like

Mackem in the pub yesterday was adamant he was trying to pass it :lol:

Would love to see him play AM with a lad that can bring others into play as the main striker.

Goal aside he struggled to get into the game due to physicality but he kept at it and always looked dangerous where it really matters and was unlucky not to score again. He does what Cisse was meant to do in the box but also has more pace, work rate, movement and looks to have an overall game if not a physical one atm.

If you were to ask me who was the 12m international and who was the 2m second division signing.....

You mean what Cisse has been doing in the box, I assume.

Aye he was great in those 2 matches. Superb actually. But last year he scored twice in the league. A 33 year old Shola Ameobi managed as much. Cisse hasn't been doing it.

Aye he was great in those 2 matches. Superb actually. But last year he scored twice in the league. A 33 year old Shola Ameobi managed as much. Cisse hasn't been doing it.

Except he has been doing it, as you've just pointed out. He's scored 4 goals and gabbed an assist in 5 appearances this season, I'm struggling to see how he realistically could be 'doing it' any more.

Last season he was poor, this season so far he's done exactly what he was in the side to do.

Except he has been doing it, as you've just pointed out. He's scored 4 goals and gabbed an assist in 5 appearances this season, I'm struggling to see how he realistically could be 'doing it' any more.

Last season he was poor, this season so far he's done exactly what he was in the side to do.

No. He's had a good start but he's been hopeless for he majority of his time here. Hence, he hasn't turned out the way we expected or hoped. Ayoze has provided that marksmenship and long may it continue.

No. He's had a good start but he's been hopeless for he majority of his time here. Hence, he hasn't turned out the way we expected or hoped. Ayoze has provided that marksmenship and long may it continue.

:lol: He's been hopeless for 1 season when he was pretty much cast out of the side.