Ayozé Pérez (now playing for Real Betis)

ponsaelius

Funny how I got stick just last week for saying Perez isn't suited to this position and needs to be moved.

:anguish:

You're not the only one with eyes mate. It's clear as day that Perez isn't a number 9. You got stick for saying he was completely useless at holding the ball up which is rubbish. He isn't the best, but he certainly is far from useless at doing that. He is much better utilized with the ball at his feet running at defenders, that's for sure.

Funny how I got stick just last week for saying Perez isn't suited to this position and needs to be moved.

:anguish:

You're not the only one with eyes mate. It's clear as day that Perez isn't a number 9. You got stick for saying he was completely useless at holding the ball up which is rubbish. He isn't the best, but he certainly is far from useless at doing that. He is much better utilized with the ball at his feet running at defenders, that's for sure.

Why isn't he a number 9?

There's rarely been a time where Ayoze has held the ball up well and i've thought "c'mon lads, give him an option." Riviere is better at it than him and Riviere is pretty pants at it himself.

For me his lack of ability in holding it up is one of the biggest reasons he's not a main centre forward. It's perfectly reasonable to expect your striker to be able to hold chest high balls up once in a while.

While it was a foul in that instance.. what happened to Falcao on Saturday happens to Ayoze 6x during a match at least.

He's still a young lad and that might come with age. For now he needs to move position. Cabella and him upfront was the stupidest thing next to playing Raylor CM.

For me his lack of ability in holding it up is one of the biggest reasons he's not a main centre forward. It's perfectly reasonable to expect your striker to be able to hold chest high balls up once in a while.

While it was a foul in that instance.. what happened to Falcao on Saturday happens to Ayoze 6x during a match at least.

He's still a young lad and that might come with age. For now he needs to move position. Cabella and him upfront was the stupidest thing next to playing Raylor CM.

This is the main thing. With all our problems as a footballing unit, the horrendous coaching and lack of team spirit on show, Ayoze's inability to hold the ball up like a prime-time Aguero or Drogba is the last thing I would like at tbh. He's clearly immensely talented, and has been a breath of fresh air in an otherwise dull and depressing season.

This is the main thing. With all our problems as a footballing unit, the horrendous coaching and lack of team spirit on show, Ayoze's inability to hold the ball up like a prime-time Aguero or Drogba is the last thing I would like at tbh. He's clearly immensely talented, and has been a breath of fresh air in an otherwise dull and depressing season.

It's not the last thing though. It's not effective for the team or his own performances. He needs to be moved for the good of the team. Until Cisse back

Riviere

Perez

Cabella Sissoko Clog Clog

Perez Riviere Cabella

Clog Sissoko Clog

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

Judging by his attributes I think that Ayoze is more of an AM than a striker. We'll need Riviere to lead the line who still hasn't convinced me he can make it at this level.

Everyone agrees Ayoze is better off the striker, the difference is we don't persist with the same old s*** over and over again.

Ian seems to think he's a striker who shouldn't expect to receive chest height balls

Was he really not a striker? He looks like one to me, albeit one not used to receiving the ball at chest height against a massive CB.

Santoon too. I would also say he's a forward but so is Cronaldo and he isn't a striker either.

Played upfront from Tenerife didn't he, was a forward.

This lad

He was/is a striker

I reckon it's a fairly decent PL team with Abeid/Anita/Sissoko behind Cabella/Riviere/Perez.

It's certainly worth doing for the rest of the games.

Colback is going to start every game going forward. And tbf neither Abeid or Anita have shown anything better than he has. Would rather Anita at full back than Colback. Abeid would get 90 minutes with anyone with a semblance of a clue.

Aye, I know Colback will start, forgot about that. Personally that would still be my three though.

And I do think Ayoze a striker that shouldn't receive high balls, I don't think that's a mental thing to say. You've just got a fixed opinion about what a striker needs to do.

I reckon it's a fairly decent PL team with Abeid/Anita/Sissoko behind Cabella/Riviere/Perez.

It's certainly worth doing for the rest of the games.

Colback is going to start every game going forward. And tbf neither Abeid or Anita have shown anything better than he has. Would rather Anita at full back than Colback. Abeid would get 90 minutes with anyone with a semblance of a clue.

Abeid gets about the pitch better than Colback IMO. He's always running whereas Colback usually stops and watches once he's passed the ball on. At the moment they should probably both he starting anyway, as we aren't scoring goals we should be packing the midfield to stop teams dominating possession.

I feel he'd more effective playing off another front man given he's very adept at causing problems from deep and out wide. The goal came from him running the channels, the fact Janmaat was our furthest player forward supporting him speaks volumes.

I feel he'd more effective playing off another front man given he's very adept at causing problems from deep and out wide. The goal came from him running the channels, the fact Janmaat was our furthest player forward supporting him speaks volumes.

I agree. Given current squad depth I'm not surprised he is playing up top on his todd. I like him driving infield from the left.