Ayozé Pérez (now playing for Real Betis)

ponsaelius

Think it's fair to say McClaren underrated him, I can see how a new manager might favour some more experienced players over a kid we signed for the development squad. Obviously he's proved his quality now, so you would expect him to keep that off the striker role for the foreseeable future.

Yep.

It's good that he's forced his way into the side with his quality pretty early on, it took Ben Arfa 3 or 4 months of cameo appearances sometimes.  Hopefully he's a mainstay now.  Love watching him.

Did the same under Pardew did Ayoze

http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/not_aware_waynes_world.gif

When Perez gets the ball time seems to slow right down, I love it.

It's more that as soon as he receives the ball, there is suddenly order within chaos. Which, as every person who's ever taken a creative course in college would tell you, is the very definition of beauty. Like all truly great players, he gives you a snapshot of how the game is supposed to be played, while he is on the ball or is interacting with it somehow. Even whenever he loses it, his body bends and shapes itself in trying to attain the correct technique needed to complete the soon-to-be-failed move, and even that attempt has more order in it than Obertan's bald fucking head.

He's at his best when dribbling against opposition, it'll be interesting to see how he adapts against more packed teams. I think de Jong will prove to be the best option there for games like that, even if he's only shown it fleetingly so far. Ayoze obviously has to play in those games, though, either as a wide forward or 10.

He's at his best when dribbling against opposition, it'll be interesting to see how he adapts against more packed teams. I think de Jong will prove to be the best option there for games like that, even if he's only shown it fleetingly so far. Ayoze obviously has to play in those games, though, either as a wide forward or 10.

Ayoze's close control and ability to beat player is always an advantage

Although he's definitely effective in the middle, I think he can be even more devastating coming in from wide like you said as a wide forward, the Hazard role. He's got space and the opportunity to take on only one defender at a time from out wide. In the middle he does a very good job of making the best of a situation when he has the ball but he's so pressured.

De Jong on the inside flicking balls on to Ayoze is something I really want to see, with Mitrovic pulling defenders across the park making space for either of them.

Ayoze's close control and ability to beat player is always an advantage

Yeah. If Mitrovic keeps his link-up game up, there's automatically someone for our midfielders to combo off when trying to get through defences. Someone with that sort of presence opens up more spaces too.

I don't expect the manager to get all of his judgements right but I do expect them to be prepared to change their opinion.

Pardew was single minded and thought he knew best. I think McClaren will be far more willing to try new things.

In short, Perez needs to stay in the team now.

Think Ayoze looked good pre-season. Looked good in short cameos at the start of the season. Think it was Spurs actually where Pardew threw him on at HT and he was set from there.

SMC got it remarkably wrong with Perez early season and he was slow to turn it but he's done it now. The Obertan thing was crazy. Thauvin's showed nothing. The formation wasn't working. I think that's down to him being seemingly impressed with our first 3/4 games where many of us saw the writing on the wall re: lack of chances made, slow build-up and defending extremely deep.

Pardew's team selections over the years have been abysmal because he is an arrogant fucktard.

As I say, McClaren seems willing to search for the right solutions, even if it's admitting he made a mistake.

I think we all agree Perez/Mitrovic should be built around from now on.

Pardew was relatively quick to bring in Aarons and Ayoze last season.

He was, although that was more down to a lack of options than his exceptional eye for talent.

When he came on as a sub against Man City on his debut he almost scored immediately as well, he's a fantastic talent. Has to start every week for us.

Pardew was relatively quick to bring in Aarons and Ayoze last season.

He was, although that was more down to a lack of options than his exceptional eye for talent.

When he came on as a sub against Man City on his debut he almost scored immediately as well, he's a fantastic talent. Has to start every week for us.

I would agree with this. As we already knew the lad could play to me, it's felt like SMC has been extremely slow to get him started. He earned his right to the first team in those early games LAST season, no reason to be behind Obertan this term.

Totally agree. It seems our managers never learn with Obertan though - he's absolute dogshit and has been ever since he moved to England yet because he has a good pre-season against farmers and call centre workers and the like he manages to constantly force his way into the first team until the manager realises 'actually this bloke is utter turd'. How he's outlasted players such as Cabaye/HBA - even the likes of Mbiwa is just beyond explanation.

Was due to injuries though wasn't it? I cannot really remember tbh, the whole thing (and probably finding him in the first place) just seemed like one massive fluke though.

Just had a look. Started that Spurs game because an in-form Cisse was injured.

Wasn't it noted that it was Carver (:yao:) who recommended to Pardew to start him?

Totally agree. It seems our managers never learn with Obertan though - he's absolute dogshit and has been ever since he moved to England yet because he has a good pre-season against farmers and call centre workers and the like he manages to constantly force his way into the first team until the manager realises 'actually this bloke is utter turd'. How he's outlasted players such as Cabaye/HBA - even the likes of Mbiwa is just beyond explanation.

It's funny because everything you've said is actually true :lol: His main ability is to pull the wool over managers' eyes into thinking he is actually a footballer.

Was due to injuries though wasn't it? I cannot really remember tbh, the whole thing (and probably finding him in the first place) just seemed like one massive fluke though.

Just had a look. Started that Spurs game because an in-form Cisse was injured.

Wasn't it noted that it was Carver (:yao:) who recommended to Pardew to start him?

I'm sure after extensive genealogical research into the Perez family tree he realized that he had the adequate DNA to start for us.