Ayozé Pérez (now playing for Real Betis)

ponsaelius

[emoji38] Yes, let's be all pedantic where our outgoing transfer activity is concerned. Like how Pardew was going around telling everyone we hadn't tried to peddle Carroll as Carroll was being flown into Liverpool?

You can split hairs, but it's morning here and I don't have time to do hairsplitting with you over choosing incorrect words. I need a coffee.

It's not pedantic at all, you said we tried to flog him, we didn't. You were wrong, just accept it

[emoji38] Yes, let's be all pedantic where our outgoing transfer activity is concerned. Like how Pardew was going around telling everyone we hadn't tried to peddle Carroll as Carroll was being flown into Liverpool?

You can split hairs, but it's morning here and I don't have time to do hairsplitting with you over choosing incorrect words. I need a coffee.

It's not pedantic at all, you said we tried to flog him, we didn't. You were wrong, just accept it

Ever heard of sarcasm, mild exaggeration, embellishment to poke continued fun at the regime? Is Mike Ashley actually a cockney bastard?

Get a life.

Ever heard of sarcasm, mild exaggeration, embellishment to poke continued fun at the regime? Is Mike Ashley actually a cockney bastard?

Get a life.

:lol:

Ayoze said "I'm happy for the goal, but it's left a thorn: we lost two points."

When asked by Marca if he envisaged his career turning out like this, Ayoze said "Not nearly. I always liked the Premier, but never dreamed of getting where I am now."

Perez could be somewhere else had Newcastle United not blocked a transfer in the summer. The player has revealed that Tottenham Hotspur wanted to buy him, but his current club wouldn't allow it "There was interest from Tottenham, especially from Pochettino. It is a compliment to me. In the end it did not work because Newcastle considered me too important and would not let me leave."

Just reading the Perez quotes on the last page. Are people unhappy that we considered him too important to sell to Spurs now? ???

"There was interest from Tottenham, especially from Pochettino. It is a compliment to me. In the end it did not work because Newcastle considered me too important and would not let me leave."

Or am I misreading the reactions.

There's nothing to suggest he wanted to leave, just that it's a compliment to him that a manager wanted him. We didn't want to sell him, not sure what the issue is?

Just reading the Perez quotes on the last page. Are people unhappy that we considered him too important to sell to Spurs now? ???

"There was interest from Tottenham, especially from Pochettino. It is a compliment to me. In the end it did not work because Newcastle considered me too important and would not let me leave."

There's nothing to suggest he wanted to leave, just that it's a compliment to him that a manager wanted him. We didn't want to sell him, not sure what the issue is?

Because everything is bad forever.

Probably because the reason he couldn't move was because NUFC didn't want to sell him (for now). Still implies he would have left given the opportunity (who could blame him, in all honesty?)