The 2014/15 Betting Thread

Kaizero

ran out of my allotted world cup betting funds... hmmm... what to do..

Try and Hoover up as many free bets as u can

I could do this, but what I was thinking is that I might just put lots more money in my bet365 account and then bet it all away.

This is what I do all the time to great success.

I know everyone is currently focused on losing their money on the world cup but in the cricket India are a huge 7/4 to win the upcoming test series. Can't ignore that price, we're shit and they're very good.

My bets for today have emptied my betting account, bar a final £1. This World Cup has been an unmitigated betting disaster. Stuck a fiver on Colombia -1/Chile to qualify double at 14/1 among a few other silly £1 bets.

If anyone has interest on betting in the Tour de France I reckon it could be worth opposing Chris Froome. He's odds on for the Yellow Jersey everywhere but his form is patchy, he had a bad injury in the dauphine and has had a virus. If you have plenty to burn then Contodor  is the obvious shout but his price is too small for small staking punters. Valverde has been in good form and will be around 16/1 or for a longer each way shot Kreuziger or Porte (who would take over as Team Sky's lead if Froome is struggling) are worth a go at around 40's.

There is a strong possibility that Cavendish will win stages 1 and 3 as they are not too challenging for the sprinters and will likely have a bunch finish. Kittel and Sagan are probably the only other two worth betting on for those stages.

Guest Roger Kint

I know everyone is currently focused on losing their money on the world cup but in the cricket India are a huge 7/4 to win the upcoming test series. Can't ignore that price, we're shit and they're very good.

If i win much on my racing bets today i may lump on that. Looks great value tbh.

First bets in over a week today seeing as i got a free £10 for the Plate plus a ew L15 too

Guest Roger Kint

I used my free £5 PP bet on a fairly simple accy, yet the returns are around £24. I dont get it.

Argentina, France & Germany to win, with Brazil & Holland to eventually get through.

Means your odds were just under 5/1 for the 5 fold. You dont get the stake back

Guest Roger Kint

Yeah, its just I'm surprised the odds are that high considering all 5 are favourites. Chile could ruin it, I guess.

Wouldnt say high, three of those are 1/2 and Brazil/Germany are 2/9 and 3/10 so poor individual prices in a cup match where your bet is flat if any of the first three go to ET

I know everyone is currently focused on losing their money on the world cup but in the cricket India are a huge 7/4 to win the upcoming test series. Can't ignore that price, we're s*** and they're very good.

If i win much on my racing bets today i may lump on that. Looks great value tbh.

First bets in over a week today seeing as i got a free £10 for the Plate plus a ew L15 too

Van Percy in the plate?

£10 (£2.50 x 4) Trebles India to win series/Brazil to qualify/Colombia or Uruguay to win in extra time or pens

Least it would return would be £85, most it would return £125.

If Colombia and Uruguay win in normal time it fucks this bet up, but keeps two previous bets running.

Edit: Total fuck up. £10 on India/Brazil to qualify/Colo-Ura draw would be £150 whoever and however the Colo/Ura match finished after 90. This is why I'm poor.

£10 on Brazil/Colombia returns £33

£5 on Brazil returns £8, £5 on Colombia returns £11