The other games today - 2014/15

Trumpet

Christ, Man City are fucking useless when it comes to winning these types of games. Unless it's against us. Didn't Burnley get a draw at their place as well? Amazing how "lesser" teams can do it but we can't.

Our side has no leadership or bollocks, that's the difference.

Christ, Man City are f***ing useless when it comes to winning these types of games. Unless it's against us. Didn't Burnley get a draw at their place as well? Amazing how "lesser" teams can do it but we can't.

this

Pellegrini and the guy(s) responsible for transfers have to go.

I've said it before, but the amount of money they've pissed away on Navas, Fernandinho, Fernando, Jovetic etc. It's simply staggering.

I never understood the hype around Jovetic. Lanky, awkward idiot. Aguero coming deeper and deeper...Too many players passing the buck.

I've said it before, but the amount of money they've p*ssed away on Navas, Fernandinho, Fernando, Jovetic etc. It's simply staggering.

I think apart from Navas, they all cost 20m plus as well. Fernando and Fernandinho are hopeless. Negredo cost loads and barely got a look-in. Let's not forget Mangala who I think cost something like 32m and then there's 28m Bony who they barely even play. 60m on Mangala and Bony. Bet their fans don't care but what a disgrace they are.

Christ, Man City are f***ing useless when it comes to winning these types of games. Unless it's against us. Didn't Burnley get a draw at their place as well? Amazing how "lesser" teams can do it but we can't.

No doubt. Crap mentality (or no mentality at all) as well, beaten before they start every single time they play these top 6 teams.

I've said it before, but the amount of money they've p*ssed away on Navas, Fernandinho, Fernando, Jovetic etc. It's simply staggering.

What's the amount roughly of the players you've mentioned?

Man City's problem in the long term - despite the odd bit of short term joy - is that they're not a "big" club (in the sense that they need to be), they're a rich club, and the difference between those things is massive.

It explains why you get so many really expensive players who totally go missing when the chips are down, and at the moment, they seem to have a lot of that type of player.

The money is there, yes, but not much else is.

Man City's problem in the long term - despite the odd bit of short term joy - is that they're not a "big" club (in the sense that they need to be), they're a rich club, and the difference between those things is massive.

It explains why you get so many really expensive players who totally go missing when the chips are down, and at the moment, they seem to have a lot of that type of player.

:thup:

:thup:

The money came along 6 years too late for them to be a 'big' big club. Chelsea got in first when the only real competition was Man Utd & Arsenal. By the time Man City came in they had those two, plus Chelsea and even Liverpool just to compete for the Champions League places with for the first couple of years. That meant a high turnover in players (Robinho, Santa Cruz, Adebayor, etc), whereas Chelsea pretty much got in straight away. I know they had their Geremis, Mutus, Kezmans etc. but within 1-2 years they were able to get the likes of Cech, Robben, Drogba, Carvalho.

More crucially, Chelsea had the head start getting their 'brand' out there.

Guest palnese

What's the amount roughly of the players you've mentioned?

Hundreds of billions.

Honestly, I've no idea, but I wouldn't be too surprised if they cost 100m +.

they've invested heavily in their academy haven't they? Have they been importing promising 16 year olds or are they hoping for local kids? their transfer policy has been pretty shocking (I thought Fernandinho has been pretty good mind) though.

Pellegrini tries to be all positive with his 4-4-2 formations bit his wingers pull narrow and are easy to defend, Navas is too shit a wide player to compensate and yaya toure hasn't been unstoppable this season which has hurt them a great deal. They have tried to build this muscular strong bustling but good footy philosophy but the players don't work hard enough for a modern high press that would seem suited to them. They just remind me still of pampered team of players most of which are there for the paycheck still. Some of them have been good enough to win the league now and then but ain't going to blow down any barn doors. (Mind I thought the same of Real Madrid but Ancelotti did get them the champions league at last).

they've invested heavily in their academy haven't they? Have they been importing promising 16 year olds or are they hoping for local kids? their transfer policy has been pretty shocking (I thought Fernandinho has been pretty good mind) though.

Pellegrini tries to be all positive with his 4-4-2 formations bit his wingers pull narrow and are easy to defend, Navas is too shit a wide player to compensate and yaya toure hasn't been unstoppable this season which has hurt them a great deal. They have tried to build this muscular strong bustling but good footy philosophy but the players don't work hard enough for a modern high press that would seem suited to them. They just remind me still of pampered team of players most of which are there for the paycheck still. Some of them have been good enough to win the league now and then but ain't going to blow down any barn doors. (Mind I thought the same of Real Madrid but Ancelotti did get them the champions league at last).

invested hugely in the academy (google tells me £100m) which is the weird thing for me, as man citys academy seemed at least half way competent at bringing through players before though I suppose the difference in quality required explains that. The transfer policy does seem to have gone downhill drastically since the two barcelona guys joined up in 2012, a quick look back at transfers since then and Fernandinho is about the best of them or Demichelis but neithers been truly exceptional

They need a new Yaya Toure to build a team round, or have a manager fix their issues at the back, they have enough in the squad going forward really. You should be able to rely on Silva behind Aguero to score you plenty of goals (albeit Aguero will be injured for at least 10 games a season). Trying to go two up top is a nice idea but I've only ever seen it work against teams with midfield deficiencies of their own, and it's a million miles from working in the champions league.

Was thinking this the other day. They still have that charva who won the lottery feel, unlike Chelsea who have managed to brand themselves as a big club in the last 10 years. All the money in the world won't buy them a big club image when their neighbours are one of the biggest clubs in the world.