Siem de Jong (still alive)

Guest ManDoon

So it looks like he will have shirt number 15.

Really?

Thought it was worth pointing out since no one has said it and a few days ago people were having a hissy fit because they thought he would get the number 10 shirt which would signal the end of Ben Arfa.

So it looks like he will have shirt number 15.

Really?

Thought it was worth pointing out since no one has said it and a few days ago people were having a hissy fit because they thought he would get the number 10 shirt which would signal the end of Ben Arfa.

:lol:

Must admit, I am quite looking forward to seeing this bloke play.

I am trying to but I can just stop seeing him sitting behing Tiote as our 'quarterback' punting balls up to Cisse who is offside or just hasn't made the run :(

Guest bimpy474

Shirt numbers mean fuck all nowadays. Taking Hatem's shirt number off him wouldn't be a good sign, but seeing as really doesn't matter as Pardew still won't know what to do with any player in any shirt number, it's a bit irrelevant who else gets what number really.

Bet 23 is kept for Shola's return. :(

Too f***ing right.  It's either that or retire the number.

Would be a first to retire a number out of shame but I like the idea.

I can see Pardew retiring number 10 so Ben Arfa can't play.

I am trying to but I can just stop seeing him sitting behing Tiote as our 'quarterback' punting balls up to Cisse who is offside or just hasn't made the run :(

I think he's going to be the bloke mainly pulling the strings in the final third. I know he's not really creative but he's seemingly intelligent, a good mover off the ball and is a good presser, apparently.

Don't get too excited. I've seen him play about 30-odd times and, while he's a tidy player, he's no world beater. He's worth what we paid for him (c.£3.75m), I reckon. Very, very hard to say what he'll do in the EPL. When I was living in the Netherlands in 2012 for a year, I saw his brother a number of times also, and he looked the far superior player!

Don't get too excited. I've seen him play about 30-odd times and, while he's a tidy player, he's no world beater. He's worth what we paid for him (c.£3.75m), I reckon. Very, very hard to say what he'll do in the EPL. When I was living in the Netherlands in 2012 for a year, I saw his brother a number of times also, and he looked the far superior player!

I know he's not going to be a world beater, I just have a penchant for players who look to pick up spaces off the ball and play 1-2s etc.

I just think he'll be good for the team's tempo in the final third, someone who'll pick up the pace as we have too many non-movers that lack the nous to open up teams with a burst.

He looks absolutley like a Kevin Nolan type player - not really a midfielder, or striker - an in-between player with excellent finishing who can score all types of goals.