Siem de Jong (still alive)

Guest ManDoon

Sort your game out IP. Nobby was at RB, Hunty LB with Rampage and Taylor CBs. Sounds fine when you look at it that way.

Plus we had Glenn Roeder pulling the strings.

One of my favourite things of yesteryear was the Nobby I want the ball 'raise the palm of the hand 45 degrees to sky slightly above the right shoulder'. Love that guy.

:lol: Fair enough.

knew you'd see sense eventually. Didn't hunty twat one in that day? Ridiculous scenes

Yep - him, Martins (with that goal, obvs) and Butt. :lol:

Absolute piss take that like. My missus went, didn't speak to me for ages. Might have been because I'm a twat but I've always chalked it down to Butt scoring the winner.

Cabella - CF - Ben Arfa

--------De Jong---------

-----Tiote---Sissoko----

Would be fucking ideal man.

Any team with a half decent attack would murder that. Talk about exposing the defence :lol:  Looks great from an attacking point of view, mind

How do the other teams in the league manage without playing 10 defenders?

Cabella - CF - Ben Arfa

--------De Jong---------

-----Tiote---Sissoko----

Would be fucking ideal man.

Any team with a half decent attack would murder that. Talk about exposing the defence :lol:  Looks great from an attacking point of view, mind

that formation would literally see us bummed every game as there's absolutely no way we'd keep enough possession through midfield, tiote and sissoko would lose the ball for too much, if LDJ is our "cabaye replacement" then it's imperative that anita starts every game or we are utterly fucked

He looks like a midfielder who likes to attack the box, which is just what we need. I thought that Sissoko was going to fill that particular gap, but it doesn't seem to have worked out that way.

Cabella - CF - Ben Arfa

--------De Jong---------

-----Tiote---Sissoko----

Would be f***ing ideal man.

that formation would literally see us bummed every game as there's absolutely no way we'd keep enough possession through midfield, tiote and sissoko would lose the ball for too much, if LDJ is our "cabaye replacement" then it's imperative that anita starts every game or we are utterly f***ed

I could see us playing something like that, only difference is Sissoko would most likely be playing on the right instead of HBA with Anita or Colback in the centre. There's no way Pardew would play with three out and out attacking midfielders

Guest ManDoon

What's so maddening about the Ashley regime is that we do get some very good players for decent prices but it's totally negated by the fact he sticks with pardew.

There will be foreign/better managers willing to work in that structure for less money

Don't even waste your time talking about set systems. We plod along, week-by-week with a manager that makes it up as he goes along. It's clear, too, from our signings so far, that we won't be addressing our complete absence of style.

What's so maddening about the Ashley regime is that we do get some very good players for decent prices but it's totally negated by the fact he sticks with pardew.

There will be foreign/better managers willing to work in that structure for less money

It's absolutely mental when you think about it.  The whole 'blueprint' is about maximising value for money and buying potential/unpolished diamonds to develop into great players.  Therefore you would have thought that the two absolute must haves are:

1) A manager with a track record of improving and developing players (in particular young players) and getting the most out of limited resources; and

2) Pumping money into good coaching both at first team and youth team level.

Neither of which we do.  I just don't get why Ashley hasn't grasped this.

Newcastle United: Siem de Jong targets Champions League place

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28145778

The 25-year-old Dutchman joined on a six-year contract for an undisclosed fee from Ajax, who he captained to four Eredivisie titles, on Tuesday.

Number 10 is my favourite position. I hope I can play in that position but I even played as a striker at Ajax

Siem de Jong

"I think we're aiming for fourth and trying to be in the Champions League," De Jong told BBC Newcastle.

"I think that is a nice goal, a tough goal, but one we're trying to aim for."

Switzerland-born De Jong made his international debut for the Netherlands in August 2010 and has won six senior caps, scoring two goals, but was not selected for the World Cup.

His brother Luuk, 23, was on loan at St James' Park from Borussia Monchengladbach for the second part of last season but the club struggled for form.

"For him it was a pity as it was quite a difficult time and he wasn't at his best but he said it was a really nice club, stadium and fans and a nice city to live," added De Jong.

"Of course my brother played here last season and so I talked to him about it.

Man City's nemesis

De Jong scored three goals in two Champions League games against Manchester City during the 2013-14 season

"The club also followed me the last three or four years so for me it was quite a logical step."

During his time at the Amsterdam Arena, De Jong played alongside Premier League players Luis Suarez, Christian Eriksen and Jan Vertonghen, and he believes he is just as capable of adapting to the Premier League.

"It's good that a lot of ex-players that I played with had a good step to England and I hope I can do the same," he said.

"I think I'm a smart player who looks for space during the game; I can score goals and give assists and always work hard when we do and don't have the ball.

"Number 10 is my favourite position. I hope I can play in that position but I even played as a striker at Ajax a lot of times, but not a real striker but more like one that comes into the midfield sometimes."

Another one hoodwinked  :lol:

http://www.nufc.co.uk/page/Fans/FansForum/0,,10278~3831748,00.html

SH: "Fans want to know why that has occurred and how we are going to put it right. We should want to be the best we can be."

The board agreed and explained that while a top ten finish was the minimum aim, everyone at the club wanted to finish as high up the table as possible.

No one send the link to the minutes from the Fans' Forum to Siem, OK, he seems happy believing we want to win things. Hate to ruin his day.