Siem de Jong (still alive)

Guest ManDoon

Guest ManDoon

Oh dear.  Pardew or no Pardew this squad lacks big time in quality - especially in the final third. Sissoko and Cabella as the biggest attacking threats is painful.  Hopefully the latter picks up.

You say that as if he's got no input into it.

I'll be glad when he gets the chop. And I believe he will but there's not a lot to work with for any manager. We'll struggle with Siem in the side and I would rather he player. We'll be relegation fodder regardless.

I disagree. That isn't a bad team by any stretch of the imagination. It lacks creativity (without HBA) but there is more than enough for a decent manager to work with. Look at Swansea/Southampton

where's the attacking quality?

In comparison to them?  or generally? I'd like to think Ferrerya could score, Cabella, aarons, its not great but its better than its showing

I'll be glad when he gets the chop. And I believe he will but there's not a lot to work with for any manager. We'll struggle with Siem in the side and I would rather he player. We'll be relegation fodder regardless.

Pardew shouldn't have weakened us by getting rid of a centre half and forward, he's created his own problem and I hope he pays for that with his job.

Pardew shouldn't have weakened us by getting rid of a centre half and forward, he's created his own problem and I hope he pays for that with his job.

So do I.  But I want the new man to have something to work with. Even before we let those 2 go I said we had done a Poor job in the market.

Guest firetotheworks

Did anyone else feel like De Jong being injured was weirdly inevitable btw? When it happened it felt like it was something that I subconsciously knew was going to happen. It was weird.

Did anyone else feel like De Jong being injured was weirdly inevitable btw? When it happened it felt like it was something that I subconsciously knew was going to happen. It was weird.

inevitable because he had a wretched last season of injuries. Shame for him, shame for us as fans because I was looking forward to watching him, shame for Cabella and maybe Aarons who know should all the creative burden and subsequent abuse. Not a shame for Pardew who rushed him back.

We needed another midfielder with creativity a key part of their game. Now we lost our two most creative match winners to injury and a needless transfer. Both quite possibly don't to our inept coaching team. Please Mike end our misery and sack Pardew.

Me too. I'm surprised he lasted a full game tbh.

• 1 month later...

He's a quality player like, but he's never going to show that anytime soon, especially under this 'manager'.

Wrong bloke, wrong time, wrong club, ultimately.