Siem de Jong (still alive)

Guest ManDoon

His play might not be overtly obvious but on the last 2 occasions he has played, his link up with Wijnaldum has been a positive. We need his intelligence and movement coupled with the excitement of Ayoze. All it needs is for McClaren to grow a pair and drop the French coward.

Who's the French coward?

His play might not be overtly obvious but on the last 2 occasions he has played, his link up with Wijnaldum has been a positive. We need his intelligence and movement coupled with the excitement of Ayoze. All it needs is for McClaren to grow a pair and drop the French coward.

Who's the French coward?

The one they call Moussa.

Who's the French coward?

The one they call Moussa.

Our most creative player is a coward? :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

FWIW, I would actually try and get De Jong in the team, but it would be at the expense of either Anita or Colback, with Wini maybe sitting deeper, but that might upset the balance of the team, I dunno.

FWIW, I would actually try and get De Jong in the team, but it would be at the expense of either Anita or Colback, with Wini maybe sitting deeper, but that might upset the balance of the team, I dunno.

I don't think Colback adds to any balance of our team. He's a warm body who gets a yellow card.

Guest firetotheworks

I don't think Colback adds to any balance of our team. He's a warm body who gets a yellow card.

Definitely, I meant more taking Wini out of a position that's working really well for us. That's probably a bad idea. We're desperate for a couple of new centre midfielders and centre backs.

Definitely, I meant more taking Wini out of a position that's working really well for us. That's probably a bad idea. We're desperate for a couple of new centre midfielders and centre backs.

True. This is where I think you play Ayoze wide left and have him do the same stuff he's doing now but a little more rigid in he stays more on the left side, push Gini inside more and get him ghosting in around the box like he's done for us to score his goals. I like little Vurn, but the solution here is moving Sissoko or Wijnaldum central and signing a proper CM who can do both ends of the pitch work and cover for what could be 5 blitzing attackers.

:lol: Dropping the player who's been involved in all of our goals, mint idea.

The bloke who turns up for 4-5 games a season. Sissoko will go back to being shit in no time; the better option is for the other 4 to play and build an understanding.

Moving Wini inside would definitely upset the balance of the team like. Though saying that if there's a game to try it then it's against Villa.

The bloke who turns up for 4-5 games a season. Sissoko will go back to being shit in no time; the better option is for the other 4 to play and build an understanding.

Shit = Losing the ball while trying to create things while nobody else creates anything

Also 4-5 games a season is a lie

He looks neat and tidy at times but then at other times completely overwhelmed by the pace and physicality of this league. Been lots better starting than as a sub though.

Still no closer to making my mind up on him.

The bloke who turns up for 4-5 games a season. Sissoko will go back to being s*** in no time; the better option is for the other 4 to play and build an understanding.

Load of shite. He turns up more than most others in the squad :lol:

I reckon there's no way McClaren will drop him (SdJ). He's had a massive influence on the team in general in the two matches he's started, and has certainly improved our shape between the lines with his link play. If Cisse will continue to start for us as the "senior striker" then I'd feel a lot better about de Jong being the one to play behind him.

Guest firetotheworks

He's already turned up about 4-5 times this season and it's not even half way through. Regardless, as things stand I'd rather have the player that turns up 4-5 times a season or however many times, over the player who doesn't turn up at all ever. Until we have a better alternative, he stays in the team for me, comfortably so as well.

He's definitely the surplus player in the side, the only questions would be if De Jong replaced him would he put in the defensive work to replace Colback, and if not, can Anita cope with the extra work he would have to put in?

He's definitely the surplus player in the side, the only questions would be if De Jong replaced him would he put in the defensive work to replace Colback, and if not, can Anita cope with the extra work he would have to put in?

He already does :lol:

I reckon there's no way McClaren will drop him (SdJ). He's had a massive influence on the team in general in the two matches he's started, and has certainly improved our shape between the lines with his link play. If Cisse will continue to start for us as the "senior striker" then I'd feel a lot better about de Jong being the one to play behind him.

I'm not sure how you judge this 'massive influence,' but in both the games he started, we scored when he went off. He's been decent at best, but no way should be in the team in place of Perez or Mitro. He's still slow, laboured and completely useless as a creative #10. That shot that Cisse block is the only creativity we've seen from him. Maybe he will link up better with Mitro and Perez, and Cisse has been the issue, which is why I'd be okay with continuing to have him get a run in the team and get more used to the league, but then he would have to play alongside Perez and Mitro.