2014 FIFA World Cup Brasil™ - Germany win again

Guest ManDoon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

My avatar. Come on. Some admin take it down. This forum has reached a new low with a forced hitler yao.

:lol:

Whats the media reaction like over there? Whole team/manager vilified or specific targets? As funny as the whole Fred thing has been I did kind of feel bad for him with the reaction he got when he was shown on the giant screens after been hauled off.

The Fred thing was horrible I thought. It isn't your strikers fault when you concede 7 goals

My avatar. Come on. Some admin take it down. This forum has reached a new low with a forced hitler yao.

Agree. :thup:

Replace it with a David Lulz one.

I'm alive, disappointed but at the same time impressed by our six minute collapse. I'll live with banter but theres a poster or two on here who have gone over the line. I'll post from my computer from my 'tin house' when I'm back home. Sitting in a hotel and fair play to the forum name :lol:

Hang in there, man. :thup: You may have a long ride on the banter bus in front of you. :lol:

:lol:

Have to say though that despite some idiots the Brazilian fans showed class inside the arena. Stood up an applauded the Germans after the 7th, applauded the team after the game and kept singing. Unlike the british who always embarrass themselves in international tournaments unless they're in a country where they know cowardice will backfire.

Ooooohhhhh :p

Bit of a cowardly comment tbh. And totally false. I understand it's tough to take a complete bumming in a home World Cup semi final and fail to win a home World Cup for the second time but it's ridiculous to try and turn it on us who have only needed one home World Cup to win one.;)

Tbf all Hitler Yaos should be forced, it's the least he would have wanted.

Said all along that this was the worst Brazilian side in many years - they proved it big time last night although all credit to the Germans for an excellent performance.

This defeat will haunt Brazilian football for many years and will have the same effect as the 7-1 hammering England took from the Hungarians at Wembley in the 1950s....we never again believed we were the world's best footballers and apart from a brief Indian summer between 1966 and 1970, the decline has been constant and irrefutable. In some ways, Brazil's humbling was worse because it is one thing to lose 7-1 in a friendly at home, but quite another to do it in a WC Semi-final with the whole world watching on live TV.....

Many reasons why Brazil is not the power it once was, but basically, they haven't got the raw talent anymore. Germany have developed youngsters and have a well-run league, unlike the over-priced and over-rated Circus that is the PL and their disciplined performance shows what is necessary to win at the top level now.

The saddest thing is I think it could have been a respectable loss had Brazil not bought into their own hype and chased the game so arrogantly. Brazil should have been the one to be sitting 11 men behind the ball and only attacking on the counter.

There's been a certain mystique about Brazilian football which dates back to the Pele era, and which has survived a few disappointments since. I think this defeat will have buried it.

Tim Vickery made an excellent point though saying this might finally stop the Brazilian hierarchy resting on their laurels and talking about their 5 World Cup wins as an excuse not to do anything. Change needs to happen and this might be the catalyst for that.

There's been a certain mystique about Brazilian football which dates back to the Pele era, and which has survived a few disappointments since. I think this defeat will have buried it.

Was thinking exactly the same.  There has been many times that countries have been beaten by Brazil before a ball has been kicked.  This result may put that to bed. They've had some of the very best sides in history...This one doesn't even deserve the same label as their predecessors.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Said all along that this was the worst Brazilian side in many years - they proved it big time last night although all credit to the Germans for an excellent performance.

This defeat will haunt Brazilian football for many years and will have the same effect as the 7-1 hammering England took from the Hungarians at Wembley in the 1950s....we never again believed we were the world's best footballers and apart from a brief Indian summer between 1966 and 1970, the decline has been constant and irrefutable. In some ways, Brazil's humbling was worse because it is one thing to lose 7-1 in a friendly at home, but quite another to do it in a WC Semi-final with the whole world watching on live TV.....

Many reasons why Brazil is not the power it once was, but basically, they haven't got the raw talent anymore. Germany have developed youngsters and have a well-run league, unlike the over-priced and over-rated Circus that is the PL and their disciplined performance shows what is necessary to win at the top level now.

That was in Budapest . The corresponding fixture at Wembley finished 3-6...to Hungary... :thup:

Scolari thinks he can stick it out until the 2018 World Cup :mackems:

What are your thoughts on Hiddink building on van Gaal's good work?

Very excited about the prospect of Hiddink taking over from Van Gaal. I think he will have us playing better football, and the experience these young players gained this month will be invaluable. Danny Blind for Russia 2018 though :anguish:

Nigel de Jong back in training. If there's one player I absolutely hate seeing in the next match... :anguish:

Fingers crossed he makes it, because we have a much better chance with him sitting deep breaking up play. One of the best in the business in what he does.

Vlaar also a major doubt for tonight, and Van Persie and Janmaat have been ill the last couple of days.