Official: Daryl Janmaat joins Watford for £7m

bowlingcrofty

Any player jumping ship from Rafa to go to teams where they are unlikely to do better can f*** off like.

Watford have a pretty decent future awaiting them no?

Nah not really last time they came up Mariappa was the next big thing and he was struggling to get a new deal at Palace this summer. Their new guy has spent a year learning the language but let's see. I have no problem with players leaving but league aside Watford aren't a bigger club. Jumping ship cos Rafa broke his fingers showing him how to pull his finger out his arse seems the order of the day for him sadly.

Guest firetotheworks

I honestly think he's worth more than 7.5M.

In a market where Johnny Evans has a price tag of £25m, I think that's a fair assessment. In all honesty, I've never warmed to Janmaat and in normal circumstances would think that £7.5m is probably about the right fee, but fees are absolutely nuts now so I suppose £7.5m is low.

The fee is a bit on the small side shouldn't be selling for less than 10mil. I could understand him going to west ham but I don't get the move to watford, Is a year in the championship with us really worse than being a watford player?

Who knows but he doesn't want to be here, Rafa doesn't want him here. It's money made back. Move on and forget.

At the end of the day we made a profit on him and we've brought his replacement in for less money. Personally, I don't have anything bad to say about him, up and down form but clearly not a player Rafa really wanted so good luck to him, we'll be fine in his absence as the last 3 games have shown.

We've done pretty well from the RB spot in terms of money lately, Debuchy bought for 5 mill sold for 10 mill Janmatt bought for 4.5 mill sold for 7.5 mill, and Yeldin in for 5 million probably. so in all we are in profit.

Not really fussed he's going, he's had some good partnerships down that right hand side at times and we've relied heavily on him in the past but he's just so positionally  suspect and too error prone. £7.5m for a player that looks like he wasn't going to feature much is good business. Can we now start getting into a deficit on transfers please, the money is there, finish the fucking puzzle!

He's never looked that arsed to me, despite claiming so at that awards ceremony and punching walls etc.

Aye, like Debuchy he often took the easy way out with stupid, unnecessary red cards when things weren't going great. See Leicester (when Carver was manager and blamed Williamson) and Swansea last season. Not a huge fan but don't agree with selling and replacing him with Yedlin.

I'd rather play a shit 5 foot nothing central midfielder at right back than this lad, amazing if we get £7.5m for him.

Good ridance. Good assistant down the right wing every now and then, but shit defender. Anita's looked better the last two games than he did in the first two. Anita might not be the better player overall but at least he gives a fuck.

Anita also improved us for the last several games last season, looked far better than Janmaat.  He gets forward a lot, but for so long all he's produced are hopeful floated crosses to nobody.  Down the other end he's either not there or loses his man at the crucial moment.  I don't know if he's just been found out or lost interest but either way I'm happy to see him go.  Gets some more cash in for Rafa to spend in this window.