Emmanuel Rivière

LRD

By no means the finished article, but I'd like to think we're not placing the goal scoring burden squarely on his shoulders. The midfield this year certainly need to be weighing in with their fair share of goals too.

Think he was like a rabbit in the headlights today, simply too keen and made some rash decisions, under the pressure of the occasion.

That said, very strong physically, quick and I reckon he's going to be better than some think.

With some decent service and others around him, he can do a job for us.

Think he was like a rabbit in the headlights today, simply too keen and made some rash decisions, under the pressure of the occasion.

That said, very strong physically, quick and I reckon he's going to be better than some think.

With some decent service and others around him, he can do a job for us.

That said we defo need someone more proven. i.e. Remy.

Suprised to see so many saying how strong he is. Thought he got muscled out of it a lot today albeit few defenders are as big as Kompany and wily as Demichelis.

Didn't bowl anyone over, but he's a scrapper and came away with a few balls he probably shouldn't have. Gave a good account of himself in that regard.

His finishing though...

Suprised to see so many saying how strong he is. Thought he got muscled out of it a lot today albeit few defenders are as big as Kompany and wily as Demichelis.

There was a moment in the first half when he rolled Kompany and got to the by-line. Completely fucked the cross up like, but he'll be a real handful for some of the defenders in the PL.

Guest firetotheworks

That one shot that went to throw in man :lol: What was he thinking?

Still not sure if that was a shot or a cross for Clark Kent.

I love the type of striker that he could develop into. His movement was very good, and he showed a few lovely turns. He is deceptively strong, and it was great to see Kompany fall flat on his arse a few times coming into contact with him. A bit of composure in front of goal, and we could be onto something decent here.

Basically Leon Best MKII, and could be much much much better if he kicks on.

I liked what I saw (composure in front of goal aside), but I do wonder if he's the type of striker you want to be relying on as the lone forward. He looks like somebody who could work well alongside a target man, or as an impact sub with his pace and strength. Here's hoping Chucky is more the type (and required quality) to lead the line.

First game in a new league, so I think his performance was encouraging. Many have looked far worse first time around that's for sure.

Can I also just say, that I really appreciated the fact that he managed to make forward runs and stay onside.