Emmanuel Rivière

LRD

I think he researched a lot of strikers, went into great depth learning about them and analysing their game.  He spoke to his contacts about each and presented a meticulously crafted dossier to our transfer team at which point we picked the cheapest one and threw the rest away.

:thup:

What was a crap striker with a poor record costing £5m+ doing on this dossier anyway?

I think he researched a lot of strikers, went into great depth learning about them and analysing their game.  He spoke to his contacts about each and presented a meticulously crafted dossier to our transfer team at which point we picked the cheapest one and threw the rest away.

:thup:

What was a crap striker with a poor record costing £5m+ doing on this dossier anyway?

I think Carr's allowed to get a few wrong, he's by and large done extremely well under the circumstances. And lets not forget he's not the only person that provides players now..

Finally saw the miss yesterday. Boy people on here are harsh. They had a great angle on the highlights show where he is all set to tap it in, but Cabella gets something on it ahead of him, and actually deflects it so it ends up hitting Riv's knee instead.

The guy is cursed rather than being that rubbish  :lol:

Finally saw the miss yesterday. Boy people on here are harsh. They had a great angle on the highlights show where he is all set to tap it in, but Cabella gets something on it ahead of him, and actually deflects it so it ends up hitting Riv's knee instead.

Think he is rubbish rather than cursed. Has shown nothing so far.

He's not?

After Kinnear's 2nd departure from the club Pardew said he'd be getting more directly involved in transfers. He did bring in Obertan before as you know, but Colback had Pardew written all over him also.

Although it's unlikely, he could have wanted Riviere too.

His header wide of a gaping goal in the first half at 1-0 was worse.

The one in the second half I'd say was a miss by cabella.

He's not?

After Kinnear's 2nd departure from the club Pardew said he'd be getting more directly involved in transfers. He did bring in Obertan before as you know, but Colback had Pardew written all over him also.

Don't think we can pin Riviere on Pardew. I'm curious - given Fatty's penchant for getting value for money - how we ended up paying £6m+ for a player who looks like £500,000 worth.

He's not?

Colback has opportunism written all over him: Free, young and decent.

He's not?

Colback has opportunism written all over him: Free, young and decent.

Yep can't begrudge him that ^_^ Regardless, Riviere was handy in Ligue 1 as a foil for Falcao/Berbatov, so someone took a punt on him to do the same for Cissé here like Best did for Ba and what Bad did for Cissé. Can see the logic, on the face of it a better chance of doing well than a combative midfielder in the reserves of a Dutch Eredivisie team imo... they don't all work out. Hopeful unknowns are the best we can ever hope for, to get Janmaat in for <£10m for me was unbelievable. Was genuinely shocked.

I'd happily see him shipped back to France on January 1st. He's fucking dogshit.

Sad to say but I agree, he really does look shit. It's not even a case of playing under Pardew. His record at other clubs is nothing to be excited about either.