Wellington Phoenix 0-1 Newcastle United - BT Sport 1

LRD

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder  15m

Alan Pardew and Big Sam went out for dinner last night in Wellington #nufc

Expand Reply  Retweet  Favorite  More

Wonder if the King liked the look of what Allardyce ordered instead?

I can't imagine anything worse than being on a table next to those two!!!

I thought we played a bit better than against Sydney, particularly in the first half, when we were playing 3-5-2.

Colback looks a great signing. He switched the play well, and actually passed the ball into the receiver's stride rather than behind them. He seems to be our only midfield player who consistently has the confidence to do that. It makes a huge difference.

Armstrong looked good when he came on.

I'm a bit worried about Riviere. With the formation we were using, he had his back to the goal a lot of the time, and he really struggled.

I'm a bit worried about Riviere. With the formation we were using, he had his back to the goal a lot of the time, and he really struggled.

Same here - he obviously has good pace and works hard enough but doesn't look much of a goal threat, we saw more of that in 25 minutes from Armstrong who looks more of a natural striker.

Really liked the look of De Jong before the injury and Perez looks an exciting prospect. Colback was energetic and tidy and will almost certainly be starting ahead of Anita. My top man for us was probably Haidara, he looked excellent charging down that left flank, especially as a wing back in the first half.

Riviere looks exactly as I expected him too. Physical, willing runner who will chip in with about 7 goals a season. The type of players that turn up in the bottom of half the table all of the time from the continent. Not enough to lead the line all season especially in a system with only 1 forward.

We need a striker.

Just watched this back, minus the last 6 minutes when the programme over ran.

Worries me that Pardew keeps dabbling with 3-5-2, although it was nice to see long spells of pressure from us. Not sure that was down to the formation though. Too many square pegs I think but no doubt he'll try it again with the full set of players.

How did West Ham lose both of these games? :lol:

Hope de Jong's alright, he's going to be a real asset.

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder  15m

Alan Pardew and Big Sam went out for dinner last night in Wellington #nufc

Expand Reply  Retweet  Favorite  More

Wonder if the King liked the look of what Allardyce ordered instead?

I can't imagine anything worse than being on a table next to those two!!!

Sam's punching above his weight there.

Riviere looks exactly as I expected him too. Physical, willing runner who will chip in with about 7 goals a season. The type of players that turn up in the bottom of half the table all of the time from the continent. Not enough to lead the line all season especially in a system with only 1 forward.

We need a striker.

So basically Gouffran with a bit more meat on him?

We need a striker.

So basically Gouffran with a bit more meat on him?

No way Gouffran actually has intelligence, Riviere is just a battering ram who knows where the goal is from time to time.

Guest bimpy474

Just finished watching it on SKY+.

'Meh' was the overall conclusion. Starting 3 at the back was awful and it got a bit better when we switched to 4-2-3-1. Elliot did alright tbf, Anita was a wasteful and poor with the ball a bit and i can see Colback starting ahead of him as Colback has been tidier and better in possession, added to the fact Pardew has shunted Anita around in different positions, it seems to indicate Vurn might be the one left out.

Aarons was good when he came on, Armstrong also, Abeid was ok, MYM isn't a fecking RB ffs, might be time Pardew fucking realised it. Also have to say Saylor was our best defender with and without the ball, Haidara got forward well. Riviere hasn't shown too much but looks ok, ok is all so far. Perez looked ok, lively if a little lightweight. Gouff just played as normal, far too deep and again positionally messed about by Pardew.

Seim De Jong is head and shoulders above any thing i've seen so far, brilliant and key to us going forward. Add Janmaat, Cabella, Sissoko, Tiote, Krul and if amazingly we do add a new striker we should be around 8th to 10th most of the season.

Seim De Jong is head and shoulders above any thing i've seen so far, brilliant and key to us going forward.

Aye, he was clearly the best player on the pitch before the injury - has that touch of class where he always seems to have time on the ball.

Guest bimpy474

Seim De Jong is head and shoulders above any thing i've seen so far, brilliant and key to us going forward.

Aye, he was clearly the best player on the pitch before the injury - has that touch of class where he always seems to have time on the ball.

Yep, he has that ability to find space and when he does lay it off under pressure, it's always accurate.

Alan Pardew's side barely created a chance worthy of the name after going ahead' date=' but they held on through four minutes of injury time to record a second win of their tour[/quote']

:sigh:

Surprised jack?

Parduous

ˈɑːdjʊəs/

adjective

involving or requiring strenuous effort; difficult and tiring.

"an Parduous performance"

synonyms - onerous, taxing, difficult, hard, heavy, laborious, burdensome, strenuous, vigorous, back-breaking, stiff, uphill, relentless, Herculean, demanding, trying, tough, challenging, formidable, exacting, exhausting, wearying, fatiguing, tiring, punishing, gruelling, grinding, intolerable, unbearable, murderous, harrowing;

Alan Pardew's side barely created a chance worthy of the name after going ahead' date=' but they held on through four minutes of injury time to record a second win of their tour[/quote']

:sigh:

Surprised jack?

Parduous

ˈɑːdjʊəs/

adjective

involving or requiring strenuous effort; difficult and tiring.

"an Parduous performance"

synonyms - onerous, taxing, difficult, hard, heavy, laborious, burdensome, strenuous, vigorous, back-breaking, stiff, uphill, relentless, Herculean, demanding, trying, tough, challenging, formidable, exacting, exhausting, wearying, fatiguing, tiring, punishing, gruelling, grinding, intolerable, unbearable, murderous, harrowing;

:lol:

Got to say, the opposition in both games was far better than I was expecting. Both teams passed the ball better than us, but were let down by poor finishing and poor goalkeeping.

Got to say, the opposition in both games was far better than I was expecting. Both teams passed the ball better than us, but were let down by poor finishing and poor goalkeeping.

You what? Sydney looked like a frigging Sunday morning team.

Guest bimpy474

He never played up front all game, he played in midfield for the 3 at the back start, then played wide right for the rest. It was Riviere and De jong, then Riviere and Perez, then Perez and Armstrong up top.