Chucky Ferreyra

ponsaelius

Playing for the U21s tonight

He didn't score in a 5 - 0 win and was subbed off in the 77th minute.

It would be very interesting to know the thinking behind bringing him in as at the moment it looks like a waste of a transfer fee and wages.

A favour.

I'd like to think you're all aware by now how this club operates behind the scenes. If shady managerial appointments, dodgy contracts, signing players as a favor for South American agents based on YouTube clips, going against negotiated fees to chance shaving a few quid, admittance in lying to the public, press and fans aren't evidence enough for you by now, you'll never have your eyes opened.

I'd like to think you're all aware by now how this club operates behind the scenes. If shady managerial appointments, dodgy contracts, signing players as a favor for South American agents based on YouTube clips, going against negotiated fees to chance shaving a few quid, admittance in lying to the public, press and fans aren't evidence enough for you by now, you'll never have your eyes opened.

All that's true but I don't understand who he'd be doing the favour for. In fact Ashley doesn't strike me as the favour-doing type anyway. Could someone connect the dots for me?

All that's true but I don't understand who he'd be doing the favour for. In fact Ashley doesn't strike me as the favour-doing type anyway. Could someone connect the dots for me?

Sanctioned the signing of player Ignacio Gonzalez (IIRC) purely as a favour to a South American agent, came up in an employment tribunal (law-binding).

Sanctioned the signing of player Ignacio Gonzalez (IIRC) purely as a favour to a South American agent, came up in an employment tribunal (law-binding).

Right, I meant in Chucky's case, where the favor has been rumored to be not for an agent but for a player (Colo, I think?). If it's for another agent, okay. I just don't know who his agent is.

Right, I meant in Chucky's case, where the favor has been rumored to be not for an agent but for a player (Colo, I think?). If it's for another agent, okay. I just don't know who his agent is.

i thought it was said to be more "colo's recommendation" than doing agents favours, i.e. he wanted out of ukraine and colo has told them he's mint so get him cheap while you can

The legendary dwarf on Ferreyra

“I have to say he’s been excellent for us,” said Beardsley.

“He hasn’t played many games for us, but he’s been outstanding.

“He was involved in Arma’s first goal, and I just look at the things he does for the team and his attitude is incredible.

“One day, hopefully, he’ll be a top player for us.

“His attitude is spot on – he’s brilliant around the training ground – and really, I couldn’t praise him enough.”

Hmmmm....

The legendary dwarf on Ferreyra

“I have to say he’s been excellent for us,” said Beardsley.

“He hasn’t played many games for us, but he’s been outstanding.

“He was involved in Arma’s first goal, and I just look at the things he does for the team and his attitude is incredible.

“One day, hopefully, he’ll be a top player for us.

“His attitude is spot on – he’s brilliant around the training ground – and really, I couldn’t praise him enough.”

Hmmmm....

So he isn't shit?

What "kind" of striker is he anyway? Is he highly technical? Is he more of a poacher? Is he purely a finisher like Cisse?

A combination of the latter two but replace the explosiveness of Cisse with increased awareness and touch.

I'm not that surprised Pedro has seen something in him, in the only appearance he made in our shirt he turned a defender pretty well before setting Aarons up for the goal in the pre-season game. Just something about the way he did it showed some of that awareness and touch that Disco just mentioned above.

Guest Geordiesned

I'm not sure I'd trust anything Beardsley says. He's firmly in Ashley's pocket and if Ferreyra was yet another favour to an agent Pedro isn't going to slag him off and risk Ashley's wrath.

Guest Roger Kint

I'm not sure I'd trust anything Beardsley says. He's firmly in Ashley's pocket and if Ferreyra was yet another favour to an agent Pedro isn't going to slag him off and risk Ashley's wrath.

Why would a favour to Chuckys dad benefit Ashley?(someone on here said he was represented by family anyway)

What "kind" of striker is he anyway? Is he highly technical? Is he more of a poacher? Is he purely a finisher like Cisse?

A combination of the latter two but replace the explosiveness of Cisse with increased awareness and touch.

So definitely a Striker then (not as versatile) but with more all-around ability to him (probably the natural South American technical/awareness ability to him).