Malaga 3 - 1 Newcastle United - 02/08/14

Decky

I'm glad that embarrassing s**** is finished, I feel sorry for anybody putting themselves through more of that in the coming season.  :lol:

Its the same every year under this regime, Mick - people get all excited because some players have been signed to basically replace the ones who have gone but up front, anyone with 2 brain cells knows the team is lightweight and short of quality. As signing top strikers is the most expensive part of team construction, it is obvious that we are not going to see a really decent one arrive because Ashley won't pay the going rate. Strikers also have more choice about where they go, so if they have the chance of a more ambitious club, they will go there.

Just because we have got a couple of results against A-League sides - not the best ones either - people start thinking the geese have turned into swans but then, once a DECENT side is the opposition, you can see the holes appear and, as aussiemag has pointed out, Malaga only drew with Perth Glory and they also are not a top A-League side.

In fairness, pre-season games often produce strange results but in their heart-of-hearts, everyone knows that Pardew is a crap manager and won't even get the best out of the players available once the action starts for real.

Unfortunately, there are some real dumb-clucks among NUFC fans these days and they will still be asking the con-man to give them a wave in December.....

None of the CBs are good enough. All of them have their strengths but ultimately I don't want any of them starting for us next season.

Agree with this too - CB is a real weakness and NONE of them are now good enough. Colo was the only good one and he is rapidly going over the hill...doesn't want to be here either.

Williamson is a championship level defender, but it says something when he's the only one willing to shout, and organize. just for that he has to be first pick in defence out of our current crop.

One good thing about this, Rob Lee on the TV. Such a bloody lovely bloke.

He's always seemed a Pardew man to me. Never once heard him have a go at him so far during his punditry. Not sure if they're mates somewhere down the line with Charlton/West Ham maybe.

Yet I've heard reports of him slating him at talk ins, doesn't like him at all.

To be fair to him though, before Christmas we didn't concede many but did ship shedloads after xmas.

saw the 2 teams with hardly any contrast in their kits and the extremely s*** tv camera footage picture quality and knew it was gonna be s*** before a ball was kicked ,if Taylor starts in the premiership for us we are wipping boys and the only benefit of the doubt i can give is few first team missing and pre season friendly but utterly depressing to watch

Is Williamson that much better ? The players may not be great but the mistakes and lack of cohesion find the roots in something else, we need a scapegoat and Taylor is as good as any, but MYM and Colo were just as bad today.

MYM was out of position but Taylor and Coloccini were equally dogshit, yes. I don't agree that Taylor has been made a scapegoat though. A scapegoat or escape goat is when someone is blamed when its not their fault such as Fred for Brazil against Germany while Taylor was absolutely to blame today. And yes Williamson is that much better

Williamson knows his limitations and does what is simple reasonably well with a safety first attitude which does make him better than Taylor who just seems to think he's a better footballer than he really is.

He shouldn't be first choice mind as we need someone commanding, quick, strong and good in the air to come in and play beside either Colo to begin with or MYM for the future.

Not having that is what holds back both Colo and MYM. Colos best attributes being a good reading of the game and MYM his pace to help recover situations.

Coloccini's head still isn't right or he's finished. Either way he's been absolutely garbage for sixth months and club captain or no he should not be anywhere near the starting XI on current form. I could die a relatively happy man if Steven Taylor never pulled on a Newcastle shirt again.

If we don't sign another defender (we won't) I'd consider starting the season with MYM and Williamson at centre back. I know MYM didn't particularly cover himself in glory yesterday but it was a partnership which served us pretty well on the rare occasions we got to see it last season and at least Mapou looks like he has the capacity to develop into a good centre back.

saw the 2 teams with hardly any contrast in their kits and the extremely s*** tv camera footage picture quality and knew it was gonna be s*** before a ball was kicked ,if Taylor starts in the premiership for us we are wipping boys and the only benefit of the doubt i can give is few first team missing and pre season friendly but utterly depressing to watch

Is Williamson that much better ? The players may not be great but the mistakes and lack of cohesion find the roots in something else, we need a scapegoat and Taylor is as good as any, but MYM and Colo were just as bad today.

MYM was out of position but Taylor and Coloccini were equally dogshit, yes. I don't agree that Taylor has been made a scapegoat though. A scapegoat or escape goat is when someone is blamed when its not their fault such as Fred for Brazil against Germany while Taylor was absolutely to blame today. And yes Williamson is that much better

:lol: Fred blamed for Brazil against Germany. Where/How do you come up with s*** like this?

I could die a relatively happy man if Steven Taylor never pulled on a Newcastle shirt again.

He's got that fucking irritating knack of always getting back into the team come hell or high water, much like Shola. I fucking hate the bloke.

I could die a relatively happy man if Steven Taylor never pulled on a Newcastle shirt again.

He's got that fucking irritating knack of always getting back into the team come hell or high water, much like Shola. I fucking hate the bloke.

during that period yesterday when they could have scored 6 goals taylor played every cunt on side for the umpteenth time and they somehow failed to score, he waltzed across the camera shot with a massive shit-eating grin on his face like it was all a laugh

what an absolute sack of shit taylor is

:lol: Fred blamed for Brazil against Germany. Where/How do you come up with s*** like this?

I don't know mate, maybe the constant booing every time the ball went near him and even when he was substituted. He was either made a scapegoat or the Brazilian fans are horrible cunts

Guest firetotheworks

Fred was a focal point for how shit Brazil were because Fred is shit. It's that simple imo.

That doesn't mean to say that he was at fault for the Germany match obviously, but he was a focal point in the same way that Shola would be for us. David Luiz in that match man, absolute clown.

You have to feel for Armstrong and Perez, the only time I saw them get anywhere near the ball was when they were desperately trying to outjump the defence from Jelliot's clearances.

You have to feel for Armstrong and Perez, the only time I saw them get anywhere near the ball was when they were desperately trying to outjump the defence from Jelliot's clearances.

They exchanged passes a few times too though. Three nice little 1-2's near the centre spot.

They exchanged passes a few times too though. Three nice little 1-2's near the centre spot.

Yeah. They were OK when on the ball, getting them involved was the problem. Didn't really help that Armstrong was playing in the most important tactical role.

Malaga killing West Ham as well  :lol:

I knew Malaga were good. That doesn't excuse our shit performance though, Malaga could have been beating us 10 nil at half time

Will you chill out, Triggs? We all know the side that started yesterday would finish 20th in the PL.

Yeah. They were OK when on the ball, getting them involved was the problem. Didn't really help that Armstrong was playing in the most important tactical role.

Never mind.  :hmm:

Malaga killing West Ham as well  :lol:

I knew Malaga were good. That doesn't excuse our shit performance though, Malaga could have been beating us 10 nil at half time

Will you chill out, Triggs? We all know the side that started yesterday would finish 20th in the PL.

I know a lot of the players on our team were terrible but I really enjoyed watching Malaga play in the first half yesterday and I think they are a good side