NUFC Songbook

olliemort

From.com

One new addition to the repertoire was a new ditty devoted to our right back, with the darts crowd anthem (aka Chase The Sun by Planet Funk) appropriated, ending in the word Debuchy! 

Man U fans were singing some version of it last night I think.

Oh oh oh it's Carrick, you know, hard to believe it's not Scholes.

mackems are claiming to have been singing oh oh oh it's Colback you know, hard to believe it's not Scholes since he broke into the team. :rolleyes:

Liverpool used to sing he's magic yanoo you'll never get past sissoko so we have ripped that off as well as the best midfield in the world song, we nicked the don't sell cabaye idea off Man it'd who sang don't sell my park and then Celtic with McCourt

All our new songs are rip offs we have no originality!!

I do love a bit of 'who-was-the-first-set-of-fans-to-sing-a-particular-song-one-upmanship'.

The only time the ripping off of songs annoys me is Man U fans singing their version of the Blaydon Races. That one is ours!

Liverpool used to sing he's magic yanoo you'll never get past sissoko so we have ripped that off as well as the best midfield in the world song, we nicked the don't sell cabaye idea off Man it'd who sang don't sell my park and then Celtic with McCourt

Chants being used by other clubs shocker!  You could say that about every football club FFS. 

Sorry we're not all spectacular wordsmiths old bean.

Tell me another set of fans who have sang a song to the tune of "da doo ron ron"? Originality at its best.

Guest Geordiesned

I do love a bit of 'who-was-the-first-set-of-fans-to-sing-a-particular-song-one-upmanship'.

I know loads of chants of copied but it's always good when you know you've got an original.

Oh and nice use of hyphens. ;)

The only time the ripping off of songs annoys me is Man U fans singing their version of the Blaydon Races. That one is ours!

Tbf I think that's s***, Blaydon Races is a Geordie folk-song ffs :lol: other songs which are apparently 'stolen' are just generic football/chart songs.

Guest jimmywttoonarmy

I stuck that up on Twitter last week - giving you credit. Are you on Twitter yourself Jimmy?

Cheers mate!  O0 Yeah I'm @jimmywt17

• 2 weeks later...