Aston Villa 0 - 0 Newcastle United - 23/08/14 - Post-match reaction from page 36

Mike

This paragraph from the Guardian match report sums the game up superbly.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/aug/23/aston-villa-newcastle-premier-league-match-report

This is appropriate dummy text that is being employed in order to ascertain an approximate length because the actual copy has not yet been received. This is appropriate dummy text that is being employed in order to ascertain an approximate length because the actual copy has not yet been received. This is appropriate dummy text that is being employed in order to ascertain an approximate length because the actual copy has not yet been received. This is appropriate dummy text that is being employed in order to ascertain an approximate length because the copy has not yet been received. 100

This is appropriate dummy text that is being employed in order to ascertain an

Been any discussion about the dismal attendance today? Over 12,500 empty seats; only 70% full.

The football on show was awful mind, so clearly they made the right decision. But it doesn't quite fit the Premier League's profile.

Been any discussion about the dismal attendance today? Over 12,500 empty seats; only 70% full.

The football on show was awful mind, so clearly they made the right decision. But it doesn't quite fit the Premier League's profile.

Heard loads of "empty seats" chants on the telly but haven't really seen any comments online about it.

Not surprised, Villa are dire and haven't bought anyone of note to get people through the door all summer. Happy just to exist, like us.

Not surprised, Villa are dire and haven't bought anyone of note to get people through the door all summer. Happy just to exist, like us.

Think Sanchez will be good for them but he's a defensive midfielder so not one to get too excited about

Fair play to them, an equivalent attendance at SJP would be less than 37k. Our lowest in the top flight for a long time I'd imagine.

I'm not surprised it was such a poor crowd.

We have spent a total 6.5m this summer, on a squad that has finished 15th, 15th and 16th the last few seasons.

Now the owner wants out, he thinks that means he can stop even pretending we are trying.

I know so many people who haven't renewed.

Last season we lost more home games than we had in any year since 1874, ie when we were founded. I believe we won four home league games. Still, we only won one more the season before.

Lerner has no ambition beyond survival, none at all and people have decided they've had enough.

I'm not bothering until we change owner. I had my first season ticket in 1975, didn't renew last season and this season I am not bothering at all until we show some ambition.

Incidentally, I genuinely think Lerner has had some sort of nervous breakdown.

He just went nuts when he appointed McLeish (who makes Allardyce look like Guardiola) and just lost interest overnight.

Since then it has been offensively bad. Three consecutive seasons which are amongst the worst I have ever seen, especially at home.

He just doesn't give a shit any more.

He just went nuts when he appointed McLeish (who makes Allardyce look like Guardiola) and just lost interest overnight.

Since then it has been offensively bad. Three consecutive seasons which are amongst the worst I have ever seen, especially at home.

Which is worse, openly not giving a shit or pretending to give a shit and not really giving a shit?

I think openly not giving a shit is worst.

It's like "don't give a fuck, not going to even pretend I do".

Depressing, the sooner he sells to someone who is even remotely bothered, the better.

Till that happens it'll be season after season of arsing around the bottom half of the table like the fucking Albion or something.

Which is worse, openly not giving a shit or pretending to give a shit and not really giving a shit?

Sounds worse at Villa to me. Anything above relegation is worse than 48 points 10th/11th spot stuff.

Cabella cant beat a man. This is worrying.

Meh, he didn't have much trouble with his dribbling against City so I don't think it'll be too much of a problem. Just had to get used to the physical nature of playing here, we'll play more defences like Villa rather City so he'll now know what to expect, in terms of physicality.