Crystal Palace manager

Mick

This is the guy who appointed Kinnear, would not sack him until he almost dropped dead, said the job was waiting for him if he wanted to come back after relegation, and then brought him back to the club as dof years later.

Ashley is a disgusting combination of pig headed and fiercely loyal to his mates.

Pardew will never be sacked for results. The only thing that can get him out is some sort of personal falling out with Ashley.

You just know that the reality is that the club are thinking they can ride out Swansea away, hoping that the two week break will settle the media down.  It absolutely won't settle anything.  The rot has set in now and there's no hoping it just goes away.  The atmosphere at the next home game if we lose to Swansea will be very hostile.  I think more and more people will turn as the reality of the table sets in. 

They look and it's 4 games with two points, but they say it's early doors.  Later it's 5 games 3 points and they think, okay still time.  Then it becomes 7 game, 8, 9 and it's still 3 points.  Even the biggest idiot of a happy clapper has to realise the "It's early doors we'll be alright" stance is gone and we're shit.

If I suddenly became completely incompetent in my own job I think I could get away with this afternoon by explaining it away as a bad day but if it continued I wouldn't see the end of the week. :anguish:

Imagine being fairly average at your job for two years, then completely incompetent for two years with the company crumbling solely due to your performance, and then you get the backing of your superiors.  It's literally ridiculous.

With regards to Howey - again, he works for Total Sport sometimes in place of Ando, and will have a press pass. He was fairly critical of Pardew on the show, after the Southampton game.

Ashley has all of his chess pieces in place, when it comes to the media. Anyone who speaks out, is banned.

In all this, the most pathetic thing for Pardew is how incredibly shit he has to be to find himself under threat.

All he had to do was get us to like 11th, 12th, whatever. Just not lose every game.

Yet he has now managed to destroy the team to a degree that should not be possible. And he's done it DESPITE being able to change the entire outlook of the squad.

I've never, ever heard of something close to this. It's incredibly embarrassing. :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

The problem with the whole Hughton thing in comparison to now is that during that time when we were battering Villa 6-0, beating the Mackems 5-1 and coming out with performances like 0-1 at Arsenal and 0-1 at Everton the media were constantly coming out with 'and yet we're hearing that his job is under threat'

We've only heard that recently about Pardew and only after significant protests against him and 5 wins in 25 games, 16 of those as losses and 8 of those by 3 goals or more.

In all this, the most pathetic thing for Pardew is how incredibly s*** he has to be to find himself under threat.

All he had to do was get us to like 11th, 12th, whatever. Just not lose every game.

Yet he has now managed to destroy the team to a degree that should not be possible. And he's done it DESPITE being able to change the entire outlook of the squad.

I've never, ever heard of something close to this. It's incredibly embarrassing. :lol:

Haven't seen someone fail so miserly and spectacularly in a long time, almost makes you feel like he's doing it on purpose.

In hindsight, maybe a boring 0-0 would have been better last night, if we wanted Ashley to take action?

http://www.nufc.com/html/2007-08html/2008-01-06stoke-a.html

Or whatever Hughton got sacked for.  What was that again?  Getting beat by West Brom while 11th in the league?

He got sacked for disagreeing with Ashley. The results had less to do with it.

In all this, the most pathetic thing for Pardew is how incredibly s*** he has to be to find himself under threat.

Haven't seen someone fail so miserly and spectacularly in a long time, almost makes you feel like he's doing it on purpose.

Nah, its really simple.

He only has one style of football and he cant change it.  Thats all he has, if it doesn't work one week hopefully it will work the next.

Add to that the fact AShley has never replaced Demba Ba or Remy he is totally screwed.

Think he's gone but there isn't a replacement in place hence the delay.

That thought has occurred to me too, Ashley will want someone ready to come straight in, plus sacking him with only 4 days to go until the next game wouldn't make much sense with a 2 week break to come.

Would actually be typical of Ashley if we beat Swansea and he sacks him anyway.