Crystal Palace manager

Mick

33 points doesn't sound enough to be 16th.

It isn't, but predictors always end up top heavy.  You just can't logically predict a shock Burnley win at Man City, or whatever.  You also get a lot of random results when Europe is on and when relegation threatened sides realise they're almost down and fight harder.  I've just predicted the most obvious result in each game and seen where it falls based on what I'd normally expect.  The main thing to note from it, is that at no point were we ever away from the relegation zone.  We never have a run where it looks like we'll get a few wins in a row.  It can be vastly different to that, but with Pardew in charge I doubt it.  Also I remember the season we went down, 35 points would have been enough to stay up, so it could be another season like that one.

When Hughton got sacked it wasn't an instant action in that there came a point where Ashley went to Pardew behind Hughton's back.

Trying to be optimistic, the same could be happening again, although I'm not a big fan of that approach as many managers worth anything would not go behind another fellow pros back.

Suspect Ashley considers Keegan resigning and difficulty in finding a replacement as a reason for the last relegation.

I don't have a problem with lining up a replacement once you know it's over for the man in charge. It's sensible to make the transition as quick as possible.

Durham rinsing him on talksport

That first caller  :anguish:

Up to a couple of weeks ago I would have been convinced he was a troll but having seen the Hull game i think most newcastle fans are getting everything they deserve right now. It seems this place and sackpardew.com are the sane minority

I don't bet really, but I went on Oddschecker.  The odds just changed from 6 to 2.5 in front of my eyes at all the sites basically.  Probably just a coincidence, but I'd love to think they know something we don't.  He's at least the very strong favourite to be the next manager gone.

Up to a couple of weeks ago I would have been convinced he was a troll but having seen the Hull game i think most newcastle fans are getting everything they deserve right now. It seems this place and sackpardew.com are the sane minority

Yeah that was downright bemusing. How can not getting rid of him mean stability :lol: We're going down in a ball of flames and that bloke wanted to stick with him :-/

Yeah that was downright bemusing. How can not getting rid of him mean stability :lol: We're going down in a ball of flames and that bloke wanted to stick with him :-/

A stable ball of flames, though.

As people have said, Pardew was always Ashley's wet dream of a manager because he is a yes man who will take a low wage and never challenge his way of doing things. It has got to the point now though where the wet dream is well and truly over and Ashley is frantically trying to bin his spunky kegs somehow without his mam seeing them. Its just gonna take a little more patience on our part.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/just-what-mike-ashley-say-7857316?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

According to lip reader Marianne Frere, who has previously translated the 2006 World Cup final incident between Marco Materazzi and Zinedine Zidane, Ashley said: “Yes. Definitely. Yes. I’m seeing him now.”

Probably just talking about some unrelated meeting he had scheduled immediately after the game.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/just-what-mike-ashley-say-7857316?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

According to lip reader Marianne Frere, who has previously translated the 2006 World Cup final incident between Marco Materazzi and Zinedine Zidane, Ashley said: “Yes. Definitely. Yes. I’m seeing him now.”

I think pardew has been told he is off but for his pay off he has to see out the Swansea game...Giving Ashley time to arrange a replacment flunkey.

I don't know which theory I'm subscribing to - either Ashley/Pardew are in a ridiculous compensation stand-off, or Ashley wants to prove that Independent journalist wrong.

There's a fear that he's doing whatever it takes to piss off the fans, even if it means relegation or leaving it too late to sack him. If Pardew isn't gone after the next 3 games, it's all over.

Take away last minute goals robbing the opposition and it would be 3 wins, 4 draws, 18 defeats.

Just to emphasise further how much shite we sit through in games.

I hate that it's taken so many stats stacking up for people to see what Pardew is.  His football has been awful from day one.  Even the fifth place season we were pretty abysmal.  It was clear to everyone, even Merson managed to see this, that Cisse wouldn't keep slicing in best goal ever contenders.  We punched massively above our weight but it was all about individuals and since we always sell our best individuals it was never sustainable.  People just needed to use their eyes and actually watch us, we've been generally awful to watch for four years.  Southampton have a philosophy that's allowed them to pick similar style managers, play football the right way and also utilise one of the world's best youth academies.  What we have at Newcastle is a record of ruining young players, picking any old manager who comes along and then buying players who don't even suit the manager.  The club is rotten from top to bottom.  Even that fifth place season it was the house built in sand.  We've never had patterns of play and there is no plan B.  Teams have figured Pardew out and if his plan A doesn't work, well that's the game because he's useless.  That's why we never come back into games.  If the opposing manager changes something, it usually works because he doesn't know how to deal with it.  Basically as has been said many times, he's a despicable yes man, who really has no clue about tactical man management.  The only good thing I can say for him and it's scraping the barrel is that he hasn't relegated us yet, but we've been under threat of it, more so now than ever.  He's got a mid table squad with weaknesses, but it's good enough to be anywhere from 8th to 12th.  Anything less and he's failing badly.  He's missing his targets, he sounds like the town drunk and he's a constant embarrassment to everyone at the club.  What else can he do to get sacked?  I'm sure he'll manage to do something else and it still won't work.  I'm frankly embarrassed by the club right now, we're a complete shambles and we take such stick of other fans for it, even though we're doing our best to put things right and be heard.  It's just a disaster, a total disaster.

Knowing MA I am still not sure of a good replacement. But how can it be worse?

Neil Warnock is getting more points with Palace than Pardew is managing.  Would anyone have wanted him here?  I'd suggest everyone would have hated that.  Nobody could do worse really could they?

“Stoke defend very, very well. They get their midfield in tight to their back four. And make it very difficult for you.

“We didn’t get the answer tonight.”

And asked what the answers actually were he went on: “We just need a little bit of something in that final area.“Somebody that will take someone on to beat someone to create the moment.

This guy is just unbelievable.

:lol:

You can just get a taste of how obsessed he is with defending even in that quote.

Purring over how tight their midfield was to their back four. It's exactly what he tries to do with us all the time, which is why anyone who plays upfront is on an island all the time.