Crystal Palace manager

Mick

Says on the BBC that he 'thought we was pretty good today'. Okay.

Also, Janmaat had a hamstrung injury.

That is his version of pretty good like. I can't remember the last time we were involved in a genuinely entertaining game.

Well, we have been, just not one in which both teams competed.

By the way his excuse is already set for the impending run of s***/patchy results... injuries are what will have cost him, nothing mentioned by anyone that the last 6 games was pretty s**** and unsustainable.

We've done well with getting around our recent injuries, where we fell short yesterday was his thinking that he's better than he is and dropping Cabella for Gouffran who offered nothing.  Cabella may have offered nothing if he'd played but I would have expected him to have at least given West Ham something to think about at the back, unlike Gouffran.

By the way his excuse is already set for the impending run of s***/patchy results... injuries are what will have cost him, nothing mentioned by anyone that the last 6 games was pretty s**** and unsustainable.

We've done well with getting around our recent injuries, where we fell short yesterday was his thinking that he's better than he is and dropping Cabella for Gouffran who offered nothing.  Cabella may have offered nothing if he'd played but I would have expected him to have at least given West Ham something to think about at the back, unlike Gouffran.

Aye this is the issue, he'll cry injuries and it'll just be accepted by 'everyone'.

Wonder what'll happen if we went and lost 6 on the bounce now inc. the cup quarter, is our enough to get the rage up again?

If? Surely you meant after? He didn't have a lot of choices for team selection but he chose the wrong ones at every opportunity. Innevitable yet still infuriating.

Wonder what'll happen if we went and lost 6 on the bounce now inc. the cup quarter, is our enough to get the rage up again?

If? Surely you meant after? He didn't have a lot of choices for team selection but he chose the wrong ones at every opportunity. Innevitable yet still infuriating.

Not following you. I mean starting yesterday if we lose 6 on the bounce what will the reaction be? As you say yesterday looked very much like back to business Pardew so it's very possible we might hit shit street.

Not following you. I mean starting yesterday if we lose 6 on the bounce what will the reaction be? As you say yesterday looked very much like back to business Pardew so it's very possible we might hit s*** street.

Sorry I was being facetious, I meant not if we lose the next 6 but rather AFTER we lose the next 6 which seems more realistic. Even if some of our young players come back I can't see them displacing the old guard easily.

Not following you. I mean starting yesterday if we lose 6 on the bounce what will the reaction be? As you say yesterday looked very much like back to business Pardew so it's very possible we might hit s*** street.

Sorry I was being facetious, I meant not if we lose the next 6 but rather AFTER we lose the next 6 which seems more realistic. Even if some of our young players come back I can't see them displacing the old guard easily.

Ah yeah you're more than likely right, stars do look aligned for a Pardew fuckfest of death.

I'm just interested to see how it'll play out, 5 league wins enough to forget 2 years of shit for most people.

Says on the BBC that he 'thought we was pretty good today'. Okay.

Also, Janmaat had a hamstrung injury.

That is his version of pretty good like. I can't remember the last time we were involved in a genuinely entertaining game.

Pretty good = not getting beat by more than 1 goal in Pardewville.

This is the worst period of watching Newcastle I can remember. The stupid thing is, we've actually got some decent players. We might not have the quality of players during the Robson era, but the squad depth is much better. Yet watching awful football to reach 10th just seems like a waste of time.

This is the worst period of watching Newcastle I can remember. The stupid thing is, we've actually got some decent players. We might not have the quality of players during the Robson era, but the squad depth is much better. Yet watching awful football to reach 10th just seems like a waste of time.

:thup: it's absolute fucking purgatory

Trouble is half our lot get Crayola sets for Xmas and think it's a selection box! They only look up from munching those delicious waxy treats to take a glance at the table or read the latest propaganda about how Pardews hands are tied and they're sucked in. Even if we lost the next 5 or 6 if we were still lower-mid-table we'd be exactly where we've been told we should be/belong.

Staunch supporters and those who are old enough to remember Keegan and Robson eras vividly have either long given up on Pardew and Ashley or are too few in number now to be heard. We're the loony toons, the barers of great expectations, we demand challenging for the top 4 every year and regular champions league football. We're the ones that are what is wrong with this club and brave Sir Pardew and his battling troops are doing a hell of a job in such adverse conditions.

I've enjoyed the wins, I've celebrated the performances of some top young players, but I've never been under any illusion that this was anything but a blip, even if he wins the next 5 it won't last, it's not sustainable and although gratifying to see us win, the long and short is that it's still joyless and ultimately futile. Even if we put in a great run to put us in the top 3 or 4 we have no aspirations to stay there, what's the point?

Trouble is half our lot get Crayola sets for Xmas and think it's a selection box! They only look up from munching those delicious waxy treats to take a glance at the table or read the latest propaganda about how Pardews hands are tied and they're sucked in. Even if we lost the next 5 or 6 if we were still lower-mid-table we'd be exactly where we've been told we should be/belong.

Staunch supporters and those who are old enough to remember Keegan and Robson eras vividly have either long given up on Pardew and Ashley or are too few in number now to be heard. We're the loony toons, the barers of great expectations, we demand challenging for the top 4 every year and regular champions league football. We're the ones that are what is wrong with this club and brave Sir Pardew and his battling troops are doing a hell of a job in such adverse conditions.

I've enjoyed the wins, I've celebrated the performances of some top young players, but I've never been under any illusion that this was anything but a blip, even if he wins the next 5 it won't last, it's not sustainable and although gratifying to see us win, the long and short is that it's still joyless and ultimately futile. Even if we put in a great run to put us in the top 3 or 4 we have no aspirations to stay there, what's the point?

Its almost like you read my mind- great post.

Been reading the last few pages of the thread and must say its all true excuses with injuries and suspensions (all self inflicted) and now dropping the youngsters who have in fact dragged us out our rut in the last few games not counting the West Ham game as Pardcunt returned to type and and a piss poor selection in that game as West Ham were shit and there for the taking ,Sissoko imho plays better with Abeid then  Tiote and that basically fucks our midfield as Sissoko/Tiote/Colback are all too similar in the same line up

The worst part of that for me was feeling the pain of losing again. I'd been so sure he was on the verge of going I actually viewed the previous losses with a sense of hope. That hope is crushed now and I was just enjoying the run of wins albeit always knowing it would crash and burn just like all Pardews teams. The defeat came and it hurt again. :(

Only side in the top half with negative goal difference. Quite telling (with the aid of context, of course).

Only 6 teams in the league have scored fewer goals than us, 2 have scored the same as us.