Crystal Palace manager

Mick

Guest firetotheworks

There would be no words if Palace came for him like, imagine the tension I n the period between the approach and the outcome :lol:

It'll be like being Blackburn fans in September 2004.

x infinity.

There would be no words if Palace came for him like, imagine the tension I n the period between the approach and the outcome :lol:

It'll be like being Blackburn fans in September 2004.

x infinity.

Imagine being in that negotiation man.

Freddy: "We want Graeme - I'll give you £1m"

Blackburn: "Just wait Freddy, we're gonna sack him in a couple of weeks"

Freddy: "Ah...I see how it is...£3m. Final offer..."

But the King thinks he is so much better than managing Palace. When he was linked with them earlier in the year, I read a quote something along the lines of no disrespect to Palace but I would expect to move to a higher level job. Will have to find the quote but think he genuinely has his eye on the England job....

Pardew getting the England job would make my year.  Imagine all those tossers in the papers suddenly not being so keen on their beloved Alan when he recalls Heskey to play the Gouffran role and has the CBs lofting balls at Rooney's head for 90 minutes.

I can see palace inquiring about Pardew.

I can see Pardew being interested.

I can then see Ashley telling them to get lost and refusing to release him.

This is exactly what will happen.

Absolutely no chance Ashley will let him go. Pardew is his dream bitch.

Not sure if this has been posted before. Seems to have him down to a T

http://instamun.org/alan-pardew-is-pure-ridiculous-box-office/

“It’s credit to the owner and also credit to me because I’ve had to dig in a few times.” That’s a man congratulating himself on not having let the fact that he was doing his job badly, get in the way of his continuing to do the job badly.

Love that one.

That "we're a mid-table team in mid-table" argument is so horrid.

- Firstly, even if we were, we're not trying to be better than that. We're not ambitious. We're mid-table with ambitions of being mid-table. It's horrid.

- Secondly, we're not a mid-table squad. Sure, we're not going to win the league. But the players on our books right now are good enough to have us challenging for a Europa League spot. We're not, and that's Pardew's fault. He's the weak link, the one thing we could replace and see an immediate improvement. It'd actually be harder to find someone worse, he really is a very poor manager so swapping would be of minimal risk.

- Thirdly, we play shit football and are horrid to watch. Even if we finished in the same position (I doubt we would, but for arguments' sake) with a different manager, at least we could have some fun along the way.

- Fourthly, Pardew is a despicable human being who I cannot embrace in any way. I'd happily swap him for someone with the same level of (in)competence who was just a bit of a better person.

Any way you look at it, changing manager is a good idea.

- Firstly, even if we were, we're not trying to be better than that. We're not ambitious. We're mid-table with ambitions of being mid-table. It's horrid.

- Secondly, we're not a mid-table squad. Sure, we're not going to win the league. But the players on our books right now are good enough to have us challenging for a Europa League spot. We're not, and that's Pardew's fault. He's the weak link, the one thing we could replace and see an immediate improvement. It'd actually be harder to find someone worse, he really is a very poor manager so swapping would be of minimal risk.

- Thirdly, we play s*** football and are horrid to watch. Even if we finished in the same position (I doubt we would, but for arguments' sake) with a different manager, at least we could have some fun along the way.

- Fourthly, Pardew is a despicable human being who I cannot embrace in any way. I'd happily swap him for someone with the same level of (in)competence who was just a bit of a better person.

Well said.

- Thirdly, we play s*** football and are horrid to watch. Even if we finished in the same position (I doubt we would, but for arguments' sake) with a different manager, at least we could have some fun along the way.

Disagree with point 2. We've got a midtable team.

Its horrible how the wider football community don't see the other points.

what does a midtable team actually mean?  about 10 teams in the league have midtable teams, their positions generally come down to management or lack thereof

we have some outstanding players and a decent squad, imo on a par with everton and many others

the difference we have is pardew