Crystal Palace manager

Mick

Up to 6 now I see....

When I left last night/early this morning it was 2.

Now that we are no longer Waiting for Godot (@ Dave), and Stray was obviously the tother....who are these loyalists??

Where is Brett and has Ian gone triple agent?? :lol: :knuppel2:

Gotta happen now surely...surely?

Cronky is gutted, obviously hithere as well

Who was the doylem taking any endgame, was that godot or another?

From NUFC.Com

Speculation continued to grow on Sunday that Alan Pardew was set to be offered the vacant post at Crystal Palace, after previous manager Neil Warnock was relieved of his duties on Saturday.

Pardew's odds dropped dramatically ahead of Sunday's Everton game and by the end of the day betting had been suspended on the former Palace player taking over.

Those rumours intensified after the United boss failed to appear for his post-match press conference, sending out assistant John Carver instead.

Whether Palace would be prepared to pay compensation for the lengthy contract that Pardew has (signing an eight year deal in September 2012) remains to be seen.

Monday's Daily Mail claimed that a £5m fee was written into that deal, which would seem to be a show-stopper for the financially-challenged Eagles.

Along with the rest of the staff, Pardew has a day off on Monday and is reported by Sky to be with his family in the London area. He's due on Tyneside for the pre-Burnley press conference on Tuesday.

I so badly want him to go there and get all his rubbish transfers. He'll relegate them and then this mythical "Pardew is a top class manager" curse will be lifted once and for all.

I think it's time to get the drink cooling in the fridge, I'll be amazed now if he's here much longer.  Something is clearly going on between Pardew and Palace because we've long gone past a time when the club would have denied the story and I can't see anyway back for him in the long term.  Even if he decides not to go he'll be on borrowed time as Ashley will hate his disloyalty, especially as he's stuck by him when most would have sacked him.

Don´t jinx it, Mike! But you are right. What is giving me hope is that NUFC or Pardew has not come out and denied it. (fingers crossed).

I do not think Ashley would have a problem with pardew leaving as things have developed. I think they are pretty close still and hopefully they both have come to realize that pardew will never take the club further. Also his relation with the fans can not be restored. Pardew is not more than a few defeats away from chaos and will always be and he knows it! Hopefully he had enough and CP seems a good way out. He can leave us in a OK position and keep his reputation.

CP is not a step up but it could still be a "dream" move for pardew...its in London and he seems to have warm feelings for the club.

De Boer sounds like a the perfect replacement...but i have zero confidence in Ashley going for a manager like him. Personally i would be more than happy to wait for him to come in the summer.

I would be perfect....much more than i dare dream of...i can´t count how many times this regime have disappointed me :whatdidido: