Crystal Palace manager

Mick

What we know about the personalities involved makes me think this will happen -- and it's just a matter of time to sort out the negotiations.

Pardew has a massive, gargantuan ego. It will have forever been dented by the protests and having come to the realisation that his derby record will be an albatross around his neck with us forever. He knows he's not good enough. He also knows he'll get a hero's reception at Palace, money to spend in January, and the chance to be a huge fish in a small pond, while still getting to be a "Premier League" manager.

Ashley doesn't care about Pardew one iota on a personal level but Pardew's done what was asked of him and taken a bucketload of shit while defending the regime publicly. Ashley rehabilitated Pardew's career and image to a degree (at least outside of Newcastle) and feels that Pardew owes him. For Pardew to try to angle his way out of the deal will feel like a slap in the face to a temperamental bully of an owner.

Getting compo from Palace would be a masterstroke of negotiation, something that appeals greatly to Ashley.

Who would replace Pardew long-term is a different issue altogether -- and logic of the past dictates Ashley sees it that way too. He has no trouble sanctioning outgoing players without immediate replacement if the deal fits his criteria. This would be no different. I think people should eliminate that as a factor in whether or not Pardew leaves.

Long story short, I think Pardew ends up at Palace with them paying like 3 million in compensation. Still an amazing thing to think about -- that someone would actually pay us to get rid of Pardew -- but a lot of things point to it happening.

I think it's time to get the drink cooling in the fridge, I'll be amazed now if he's here much longer.  Something is clearly going on between Pardew and Palace because we've long gone past a time when the club would have denied the story and I can't see anyway back for him in the long term.  Even if he decides not to go he'll be on borrowed time as Ashley will hate his disloyalty, especially as he's stuck by him when most would have sacked him.

What we know about the personalities involved makes me think this will happen -- and it's just a matter of time to sort out the negotiations.

Pardew has a massive, gargantuan ego. It will have forever been dented by the protests and having come to the realisation that his derby record will be an albatross around his neck with us forever. He knows he's not good enough. He also knows he'll get a hero's reception at Palace, money to spend in January, and the chance to be a huge fish in a small pond, while still getting to be a "Premier League" manager.

Ashley doesn't care about Pardew one iota on a personal level but Pardew's done what was asked of him and taken a bucketload of s*** while defending the regime publicly. Ashley rehabilitated Pardew's career and image to a degree (at least outside of Newcastle) and feels that Pardew owes him. For Pardew to try to angle his way out of the deal will feel like a slap in the face to a temperamental bully of an owner.

Getting compo from Palace would be a masterstroke of negotiation, something that appeals greatly to Ashley.

Who would replace Pardew long-term is a different issue altogether -- and logic of the past dictates Ashley sees it that way too. He has no trouble sanctioning outgoing players without immediate replacement if the deal fits his criteria. This would be no different. I think people should eliminate that as a factor in whether or not Pardew leaves.

Long story short, I think Pardew ends up at Palace with them paying like 3 million in compensation. Still an amazing thing to think about -- that someone would actually pay us to get rid of Pardew -- but a lot of things point to it happening.

I don't think we can second guess Ashley using logic to be honest, hiring Kinnear twice suggests he does whatever he wants regardless.

Palace are set up for the way he likes to play like.

Not many forrins. Two quick, tricky wingers for 'magic'. Slow try-hards everywhere else. Just needs a semi-decent striker.

Would never stop laughing if he took them down.

Two quick, tricky wingers is one too many for Pards, needs one to protect the full back :lol:

Palace are set up for the way he likes to play like.

Not many forrins. Two quick, tricky wingers for 'magic'. Slow try-hards everywhere else. Just needs a semi-decent striker.

Would never stop laughing if he took them down.

Two quick, tricky wingers is one too many for Pards, needs one to protect the full back :lol:

Chamakh works hard, he'd be their defensive winger in a flash.

Up to 6 now I see....

When I left last night/early this morning it was 2.

Now that we are no longer Waiting for Godot (@ Dave), and Stray was obviously the tother....who are these loyalists??

Where is Brett and has Ian gone triple agent?? :lol: :knuppel2:

Gotta happen now surely...surely?

Brian McNally (@McNallyMirror) tweeted at 3:34 PM on Mon, Dec 29, 2014:

So #NUFC are only "disappointed at the timing of stories" on Pardew Palace link. Bizarre PR & clearly not a denial.A strange caper going on!

I dunno how to take that either. Bit strange, at least.

Thinking about it, the club is being sold. Only answer.

You almost can't rule out Ashley turns around and hires a "good manager" that has us playing good football and in around the top 7/8 so the press can then bash Pardew for having done such a shit job with us.

Are the servers locked away in a safe room?  They're already going to melt from the masses logged on to rant when this doesn't happen.  We don't need a pissed off Dave or other admin kicking the shit out of them as well.

The server handled Sammy scoring, it laughs at the prospect of Pardew leaving.