Crystal Palace manager

Mick

I'm sure he'll say something along the lines of "I'm not sure what the fans up there want, I don't even think they know what they want" at some point.  It's all about self preservation with him and he does a canny job of hoodwinking a lot of people, even plenty of people that were forced to sit through our games every week.

Guest firetotheworks

I'm sure he'll say something along the lines of "I'm not sure what the fans up there want, I don't even think they know what they want" at some point.  It's all about self preservation with him and he does a canny job of hoodwinking a lot of people, even plenty of people that were forced to sit through our games every week.

I fully expect him to refer to us with 'up there' added on to it for that perfectly subtle form of demeaning PR that he's perfected over 4 years.

He'll feign being gentlemanly and dignified to begin with I think. "Enjoyed my time up there even though there were difficult moments and tough circumstances, proud of finishing fifth, winning manager of the year and leading NUFC to a European quarter-final but couldn't resist the chance to come home" or some such similar tosh.

Will be hilarious if he says we'll be tough opposition when we're about to play them in February. :lol: The opposite of how he carried on for 4 miserable years.

That soon? Hope the SP.com gang bring the banners down for the away game.

Will be hilarious if he says we'll be tough opposition when we're about to play them in February. :lol: The opposite of how he carried on for 4 miserable years.

That soon? Hope the SP.com gang bring the banners down for the away game.

Aye Wednesday 11th February, not far off at all really.

Guest firetotheworks

'They're in good form' when we've won one in five or something.

There's no doubt in my mind that his team will beat us just because. I'll happily take it as well.

The SSN presenter just asked 'is there a chance this might not happen at all?'

The reporters reply was "I don't know it's necessarily that" with a look of "yeah, maybe.." on his face

THAT'S THEM SHIT STIRRING AS USUAL.

Like Allardyce, he will rewrite history and continue to re-inforce the stereotypical view of Newcastler fans i.e. we don't like southerners, have unrealistic expectations and expect to win the league/champions league every year etc.

He won't suddenly be a good manager though, even if he does win the first couple of games.

He'll soon revert to type and break all kinds of Palace records for defeats and goals scored against. Then he'll relegate them, fail to get them out of the Championship and be sacked.

Oh, and their academy which has a pretty good record of producing good, flair players? He'll ruin that too.

If he signs in time for Sunday his first 2 games will be televised :anguish: / :megusta:

New manager bounce, media will make him out as a hero, and we unfairly drove him out of the club. :anguish:

Conversely, they lose to Conference side Dover then get hammered in a local derby against Tottenham. All in glorious HD  :mung: