Crystal Palace manager

Mick

Guest firetotheworks

They're equal cunts, they were in cahoots. If anything I hate Pardew much, much more because he directly influenced my enjoyment of football. Ashley's a cunt, no doubt, but he didn't tell Pardew how to have us playing.

It all just adds to the evidence and argument that Ashley is the main c*** that needs removing and that's my main point. Pardspew was s*** for us but it was compounded by the fact everyone above him were bigger c***s.

Don't think he could have done much of a worse job overall with the players at his disposal, so not sure whether your point is even worth discussion tbh.

I'm not defending Pardspew. I am merely stating that he is just one of the symptoms of the Ashley cancer that has infested the club.

You're absolutely right- however he was a very significant part of that cancer- I'd say more a cause than just a 'symptom'- and one that badly needed cutting out.

P45due didn't just suffer from Ashley being a c***, he defended him, propped him up and enabled the whole charade of selling players, profiteering, lack of sporting ambition etc to continue. Continuous defence of Ashley and the strategy was bad enough, but he was often the one touting our bloody players around for sale before spending weeks, months or in the case of C****e nearly a whole year using this sale to justify his cowardly and s*** football. It's also highly probable that this whole "competing in the cups=certain relegation" attitude that still permeates the club came directly from him either to save his arse after the shambles of 12/13 or because his nature is to be the most cowardly c*** possible.

I'm going off on a tangent now so I'll get back to the point of the post. Pardew defended Ashley, took all the s*** for him and 100% legitimised the low expectations in Ashley's mind. To have a sniff of seeing a change in the club, we need to see either a change of ownership or a significant change of approach from the current owner (stop sniggering at the back.) Pardew made the whole thing too cosy and easy for him. Without having Pardew to hide behind Ashley might be feeling a little vulnerable, or even open to a degree of change, that was never going to happen with Pardew in charge.

Heza09 is bang on the nose.

Pardew was just a symptom of the bigger cancer. He's left and it's been business as usual. Nothing has changed. The core problem remains.

They're going about the whole thing in typically cunty fashion, but we will get a new manager eventually and his name won't be Alan Pardew. It won't be Carver, either, though we probably will have to suffer him until the end of the season. I'm not saying what they're doing - i.e; writing the season off - is acceptable, but I'm still a hell of a lot more optimistic than I was a month ago. I want us to win these days, for example.

Pardew was just a symptom of the bigger cancer. He's left and it's been business as usual. Nothing has changed. The core problem remains.

You see, in the 4 years he was here I thought the core problems were the shit football that completely drained my interest in the game, a pointless brush with relegation, 4 consecutive defeats to the mackems, and the mistreatment of any player who looked to muster up even the smallest amount of excitement.

You see, in the 4 years he was here I thought the core problems were the s*** football that completely drained my interest in the game, a pointless brush with relegation, 4 consecutive defeats to the mackems, and the mistreatment of any player who looked to muster up even the smallest amount of excitement.

:thup:

You see, in the 4 years he was here I thought the core problems were the shit football that completely drained my interest in the game, a pointless brush with relegation, 4 consecutive defeats to the mackems, and the mistreatment of any player who looked to muster up even the smallest amount of excitement.

:thup:

The way I see it, Ashley - and others of his ilk - makes me doubt the point of following football any more. But I still do. Pardew - on the other hand - made my inevitable persistence with the sport devoid of any reward. I'll rightfully bitch and whinge about the state of football on a wider scale, but as long as it exists, I'll always follow it religiously.

Having a slithery cunt like Pardew making the weekends unbearable was worse than my lingering skepticism about the sport's future, cos ultimately our care, enjoyment and passion are defined by those 90 minutes. His general demeanor day-by-day didn't help either, obviously.

He's gone and I'm more optimistic in spite of Ashley's presence. The guy really was that bad.

Not arguing about his shitness, but I think most of the people here have to accept that "Pardew is a good British manager" and "Newcastle didn't treasure him enough" will be the common opinion in the football world.

You see, in the 4 years he was here I thought the core problems were the s*** football that completely drained my interest in the game, a pointless brush with relegation, 4 consecutive defeats to the mackems, and the mistreatment of any player who looked to muster up even the smallest amount of excitement.

Pardew was only here for so long because of the underlying problem - Mike Ashley. If any of those things mattered to Ashley (apart from the relegation battle I don't think he does), Pardew would've been gone. IN the end he was basically sold - so there isn't anything to indicate a change in mentality from above.

Fact is - the important people running the club consider a midtable finish a success for the club. Pardew managed it most of his time here  and they where satisfied with his performance.

When we get someone new in, the same definition of success would remain. The new man will have to rise above expectations of his employer to do anything meaningful.

If they thought Carver could deliver midtable finishes consistently they would hire him in an instant.

It all just adds to the evidence and argument that Ashley is the main c*** that needs removing and that's my main point. Pardspew was s*** for us but it was compounded by the fact everyone above him were bigger c***s.

Don't think he could have done much of a worse job overall with the players at his disposal, so not sure whether your point is even worth discussion tbh.

I'm not defending Pardspew. I am merely stating that he is just one of the symptoms of the Ashley cancer that has infested the club.

Well we have a separate thread where you can abuse Ashley this one is for lambasting the fraud, not offering mitigating circumstances for the cunt.

Well we have a separate thread where you can abuse Ashley this one is for lambasting the fraud, not offering mitigating circumstances for the cunt.

Spot on :thup:

Pointless splitting the debate in here, everyone obvious knows Ashley is a cunt.

Let's see.

1. Horrible football.

2. Tactically awful and horrendously coached.

3. Constantly shows a negative attitude to games.

4. Awful record and constantly lost the derby.

5. Showed an inability to manage anyone with or sort of talent as shown by Tevez and Mascherano fiasco too.

6. Shown an inability to improve players and constantly played players out of position.

All Mike Ashley's fault apparently, poor old Alan.

Let's see.

1. Horrible football.

5. Showed an inability to manage anyone with or sort of talent as shown by Tevez and Mascherano fiasco too.

6. Shown an inability to improve players and constantly played players out of position.

I don't think anyone is defending Pardew here. I'm certainly not.

But none of those things matter so he wasn't held accountable for that. For some reason the Wham way matters to their owners. They invsted in the team. And asked their manager for a more pro-active approach in matches. Things picked up.

The most important people at football clubs are the owners/Chairmen with a few exceptions. They are largely responsible for the success or failures of the club.

You said nothing will change while Ashley is here, I'd argue correcting a few of those listed problems changes things quite a lot and any half decent coach could do so.

Ashley is utterly shite yes we know but that doesn't stop the on the pitch product for being utterly offensive to any self respecting fan.

Let's see.

1. Horrible football.

I don't think anyone is defending Pardew here. I'm certainly not.

But ....

Didn't bother to read on.

Pardew was only here for so long because of the underlying problem - Mike Ashley. If any of those things mattered to Ashley (apart from the relegation battle I don't think he does), Pardew would've been gone. IN the end he was basically sold - so there isn't anything to indicate a change in mentality from above.

Fact is - the important people running the club consider a midtable finish a success for the club. Pardew managed it most of his time here  and they where satisfied with his performance.

When we get someone new in, the same definition of success would remain. The new man will have to rise above expectations of his employer to do anything meaningful.

If they thought Carver could deliver midtable finishes consistently they would hire him in an instant.

Fact is Pardew was a shit manager that kept Ashley advertising his cheap shit on an international stage (barely) whilst also deflecting critisism aimed towards his boss. Of course he was never going to get sacked, if we were in genuine threat of relegation he'd have been gone in an instant.

Ashley runs NUFC for his own selfish financial needs, that won't change, what can change is that a fairly decent manager can overcome the financial barrier in front of him and make use of the tools he has at his disposal, not consistently blame that barrier for his own failings whilst flaunting the availability of his best players. A walking contradiction.

Yes a lot of the problems still exist but I won't accept the way the club is run as an excuse for things that were always in his power to change, style of play, player positions, taking cups seriously, amongst other things, these were all in Pardews power to change (if he was a half decent manager).

As Yorkie alluded to, the state of footballing institutions is a hot topic for debate, NUFC being prime example of how ownership has changed for the worse in the last decade. But I don't watch football for the off field politics, it's not a soap opera (though it seems to be with us sometimes) I watch it for the game being played on the pitch and Pardew wrecked that enjoyment for me. That will change so long as the appointment is right.

You said nothing will change while Ashley is here, I'd argue correcting a few of those listed problems changes things quite a lot and any half decent coach could do so.

Ashley is utterly s**** yes we know but that doesn't stop the on the pitch product for being utterly offensive to any self respecting fan.

the Derby is important but the rest doesn't really matter if results are good.

If we finished midtable but played nice football and consistently knocked out the cups early i'd still be despondent about the club.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Fuck me man. Some of you are going on ridiculous in here like. TCD and I are merely stating that we see Ashley as the bigger problem. No one is defending either of the cunts. Get off your high horses man.