Crystal Palace manager

Mick

Was having another 'discussion' with someone on FB last night, about our former manager. here are some of their comments...

"given the constraints he was working under, he did a good job"

"Every manager in every league has their tactics, substitutions and team selections questioned. I'll tell you what, for the avoidance of doubt, I believe that Alan Pardew knows how to manage a football team. I think he presided over games in which his tactics, substitutions and team selection were spot on and that his stewardship of the team was about the best that anyone could expect under the Ashley regime."

"Let's not forget, Ben Arfa- Pardew ruined him... oh no, wait.

Look, my point is this: NOBODY could manage consistently at Newcastle United given the constraints of the current regime. Alan Pardew is a total ARSE of a man, a dreadful human being, but the half-arsed bar room punditry of the vocal minority of our fans is nowt short of embarrassing. Ironically, it's not all black and white at Newcastle United."

:rolleyes:

His blight hasn't been allowed time to spread yet. His rot needs weeks to cultivate it's repulsiveness.

Exactly, he's always done "relatively" well when he first arrives at clubs. What Danny Mills said about Pearce, that his impact quickly wears off once the players figure him out can be applied to Pardew. The same will happen at Palce eventually but he may do enough with the new manager syndrome to keep them up this year. Things will eventually go stale with the same old dross.

I read that Mills interview and thought the same thing - once players work out the manager has no fucking clue then they'll simply switch off

Fuck that. Massive part of the problem. Not that it's really his fault that fuckwits like Carver don't know what to do with the data provided, but anything that ends the previous regime's hold over NUFC is fine with me.

f*** that. Massive part of the problem. Not that it's really his fault that fuckwits like Carver don't know what to do with the data provided, but anything that ends the previous regime's hold over NUFC is fine with me.

Shame? He justified Gouffran starting over Ben Arfa with his 'expert' analysis. He can f*** right off the little scrot.

Why the fuck would I be serious about that?  :lol:

f*** that. Massive part of the problem. Not that it's really his fault that fuckwits like Carver don't know what to do with the data provided, but anything that ends the previous regime's hold over NUFC is fine with me.

Shame? He justified Gouffran starting over Ben Arfa with his 'expert' analysis. He can f*** right off the little scrot.

Why the fuck would I be serious about that?  :lol:

You little scamp

He'll most likely do ok the next 2 seasons as the expectations there are to finish 17th.  He'll also have players more suited to his style.

I understand why Palace fans are pleased, he'll do better than Warnock. 

I'm also happy that he's gone and I wont watch Palace unless they are playing us.  Was not a good fit with Newcastle, with our player recruiting, and with the type of football the fans like.  Hopefully we can correct that with the new appointment. 

We really should close this thread!

Why the f*** would I be serious about that?  :lol:

:lol: I was thinking you were on drugs or something. Glad you're ok.

Any anger towards the analyst is misplaced, he just records the data and reports it like must happen it every club. If clueless coaches rely too much on statistics it's not his fault. Every club needs analysis as long as it's used properly.

f*** HIM AND EVERYTHING HE STANDS FOR

:lol: