Crystal Palace manager

Mick

We've been saying for a while that this wouldn't happen over here. Sports media feasts on terrible managers.

My god, just think if Deadspin got hold of him. :sweetjesus:

:lol: There would at least be laughs.

Even ESPN would find meat. If an NFL coach was this bad, Jaws would do an hour of game film analysis and be like :yuno:

Even Gruden would find s*** to hate.

Not that I necessarily disagree with the premise that your media are tougher on coaches than over here, but the worst two coaches (Fox and McCarthy) in the NFL are locks to never get fired because of their QBs eventhough they try their hardest to give away games every sunday. Yet the media thinks they're great because Manning and Rodgers finds ways to win in spite of them. Come to think of it it's actually close to similar to Pardew and the season we finished 5th, the media was all over him yet we played mostly bad football and won games through individual brilliance.

We've been saying for a while that this wouldn't happen over here. Sports media feasts on terrible managers.

My god, just think if Deadspin got hold of him. :sweetjesus:

:lol: There would at least be laughs.

Even ESPN would find meat. If an NFL coach was this bad, Jaws would do an hour of game film analysis and be like :yuno:

Even Gruden would find s*** to hate.

Not that I necessarily disagree with the premise that your media are tougher on coaches than over here, but the worst two coaches (Fox and McCarthy) in the NFL are locks to never get fired because of their QBs eventhough they try their hardest to give away games every sunday. Yet the media thinks they're great because Manning and Rodgers finds ways to win in spite of them. Come to think of it it's actually close to similar to Pardew and the season we finished 5th, the media was all over him yet we played mostly bad football and won games through individual brilliance.

I can't think of any winning team that would flat out fire the manager despite winning. Guys at that level get exposed slowly over the course of several playoff losses.

McCarthy gets his fair share of shit for his clock management, despite the quality of his team.