Crystal Palace manager

Mick

Wrong thread for this - but we desperately need a match where a shit team or 2 falls down to 10 men and we get a Stoke (h) performance where we turn them over by 2-3 goals. Our goal differential is classically awful.

Wrong thread for this - but we desperately need a match where a shit team or 2 falls down to 10 men and we get a Stoke (h) performance where we turn them over by 2-3 goals. Our goal differential is classically awful.

Our goal difference is telling the true story.

By goal difference we'd be 10th instead of 7th, which is probably a reflection of where we are, but the league is tight.  We could quite easily be tenth after the next game anyway.

Burnley are awful and that game was frustrating, especially Pardew proclaiming it a 'great point'.  West Ham though are on the luck of the devil kind of run.  They're doing some good things, but everything seems to be going for them right now.  A guy heading a clearable ball into his own net today and the ref sending the keeper off in a debatable way certainly helped them today for instance.  The goal they got against us was a very lucky run of the ball as well.

I say this accepting that we've had some incredible luck this season as well, but West Ham are also on that kind of run and got the luck against us.  They certainly weren't any better than us on the day.

Guest optimistic nit

Some of the excuses for why Pardew is a shit manager on this forum are fucking ridiculous. Anyone care to mention a better manager we've had at this club over the last 20 years Robson and Keegan excluded?

Things are by no means perfect at this club at the moment, but the Dalgleish, Gullit, Souness, Allardyce and Kinnear years were fucking horrendous. Roeder's term was slightly better but still overwhelmingly average and who knows where we would have ended up now if Hughton had kept the job, but I doubt we'd be doing much better.

We're 7th in the league and half the members of this board want us to lose so that Pardew is sacked. I can understand wanting your team to lose so the manager gets sacked when we're lower mid-table, but we're one win away from third and the mass hysteria on this board seems a little bit melodramatic.

Some of the excuses for why Pardew is a s*** manager on this forum are f***ing ridiculous. Anyone care to mention a better manager we've had at this club over the last 20 years Robson and Keegan excluded?

Things are by no means perfect at this club at the moment, but the Dalgleish, Gullit, Souness, Allardyce and Kinnear years were f***ing horrendous. Roeder's term was slightly better but still overwhelmingly average and who knows where we would have ended up now if Hughton had kept the job, but I doubt we'd be doing much better.

We're 7th in the league and half the members of this board want us to lose so that Pardew is sacked. I can understand wanting your team to lose so the manager gets sacked when we're lower mid-table, but we're one win away from third and the mass hysteria on this board seems a little bit melodramatic.

http://rs1img.memecdn.com/u-wot-m8_o_1416189.jpg

Proper weird his fans that crawl out the woodwork after a few games. Why don't you have the courage of your convictions to come on after three consecutive derby defeats and tell us how good he is?

Had some donkey tweeting some provocative shit at me the last couple of days now that we're winning because of my strong anti-Pardew tweets in the past. He's not even a Newcastle fan. Just some media wannabe arselicker trying to be inflammatory. That's the kind of following Pardew has. Blinkered idiots who don't understand that the details make up the bigger picture.

It's not a matter of being a 'Pardew fan'. My attitude was that he should have another season in which to prove himself, because over the previous two years there had been problems that weren't of his making. (eg Kinnear) I wanted to see if he could get the team improving again, and playing better football.

So the time to assess that wasn't at the end of September, of even now, but in May, where you can take stock not just of the final result, but all the inevitable ups and downs along the way.

But I would say, so far so good. This team is definitely improving, in terms of individual performances and overall cohesion.

My attitude was that he should have another season in which to prove himself, because over the previous two years there had been problems that weren't of his making. (eg Kinnear) I wanted to see if he could get the team improving again, and playing better football.

Such as?

Well i'm firmly in the anti pardew brigade but if people cant come on here and express an alternative point of view without being ridiculed and abused then you have to wonder whats the point of this place.

What abuse?

Guest firetotheworks

Some of the excuses for why Pardew is a shit manager on this forum are fucking ridiculous. Anyone care to mention a better manager we've had at this club over the last 20 years Robson and Keegan excluded?

Things are by no means perfect at this club at the moment, but the Dalgleish, Gullit, Souness, Allardyce and Kinnear years were fucking horrendous. Roeder's term was slightly better but still overwhelmingly average and who knows where we would have ended up now if Hughton had kept the job, but I doubt we'd be doing much better.

Why Keegan and Robson excluded? :lol:

Fucking ridiculous thing to say.

"Who's been better than Pardew in the last 20 years?"

I could name one that's been better from within the last 4 years and 3 days.

It's not a matter of being a 'Pardew fan'. My attitude was that he should have another season in which to prove himself, because over the previous two years there had been problems that weren't of his making. (eg Kinnear) I wanted to see if he could get the team improving again, and playing better football.

So the time to assess that wasn't at the end of September, of even now, but in May, where you can take stock not just of the final result, but all the inevitable ups and downs along the way.

But I would say, so far so good. This team is definitely improving, in terms of individual performances and overall cohesion.

Tbf, dealing with problems of the making of others (players underperforming or getting suspended, referees, chairmen, "injury gods") is a large part of the job description of a football manager, and he's not very good at it.

Also I'd argue he's had many problems of his own making. He spent last November/December touting Cabaye around whenever he got the chance to speak in public like a desparate pimp with an ugly hooker then whinged on until after the start of this season when he was sold. Already started with Sissoko this week as well.

Putting Pardew in contrast to NUFC managers of the past 20 years is in no way a representation of his ability.

Kinnear, Roeder, Dalglish and Gullit were fucking horrible appointments, on par with Pardew. In terms of recruitment, he's benefited from the best set-up we've had in my time supporting the club.

He has us staying up because when his ability fails him, he's given new tools. Everything the club does is done with the purpose of keeping him in the job. We haven't done that for any other manager. In fact, I wonder if any club has ever done that.

Things Pardew does well:

- Generally has the team set up in a solid shape.

- Has managed to not get us relegated.

- Has the backing of the players, for whatever reason.

- Creates a good team spirit.

Problems outside of Pardew's control:

- Kinnear being brought in and not signing anyone.

- The selling policy of the club.

Things Pardew has done to exacerbate those problems:

- Not doing a good enough job with the existing players, and signing rubbish himself such as Obertan.

- Constantly touting our players to other clubs and saying things like 'it's tough for a club our size to hold onto these players'.

Problems Pardew has brought on himself:

- Numerous instances of touchline thuggery.

- Failing to develop any kind of plan B to change games.

- Failed to improve any player during his time here.

- Abysmal record in the Derby.

- Inability to communicate coherently at any time.

- Alienating the most talented player we've had at the club for years.

- Blaming random elements for underwhelming results.

- Sucking Mike Ashley's knob at every opportunity.

- After 4 years, he can only produce an attacking plan based on 'luck' and 'that little bit of magic'.

- Celebrates every goal like he's Eric Cantona.

Which list is longer?

I pray everyday that his next job is the England job, so that every football fan in this country can get what they deserve for running their mouths about the great job he is doing at Newcastle. I cannot wait.

Guest firetotheworks

Newcastle not winning - nothing to do with Pardew

Newcastle winning - everything to do with Pardew

It's so fucking exhausting.