Crystal Palace manager

Mick

Guest firetotheworks

Can't help but feel annoyed that he's flipped on Pardew when he was so adamant that we were wrong and that Ashley was the real problem. Meh.

I think he's done well on the whole, you are always gonna struggle with a kid in goal who's hardly played 5 premiership games.Weren't you lot calling for his head 2 months ago before he took you on that amazing run and then you are all singing his praises. You gotta get your perspective right, you ain't a top team, you are on a par with everton and the like, amazing support but not gonna challenge for trophies this century

From my Facebook.  It was someone replying to my status saying Pardew should jump off the Tyne Bridge.  Honestly man.  People are actually so oblivious to how shit we are and lap up all this shit. 

Fair enough if nobody actually pays much attention.  As the media are just as bad with this kind of BS.  But don't go on like you're an expert on the subject.  When really, you have no fucking clue. 

I think he's done well on the whole, you are always gonna struggle with a kid in goal who's hardly played 5 premiership games.Weren't you lot calling for his head 2 months ago before he took you on that amazing run and then you are all singing his praises. You gotta get your perspective right, you ain't a top team, you are on a par with everton and the like, amazing support but not gonna challenge for trophies this century

From my Facebook.  It was someone replying to my status saying Pardew should jump off the Tyne Bridge.  Honestly man.  People are actually so oblivious to how s*** we are and lap up all this s***. 

Fair enough if nobody actually pays much attention.  As the media are just as bad with this kind of BS.  But don't go on like you're an expert on the subject.  When really, you have no f***ing clue.

TBF, that's a neutral supporter 'opinion' pretty much lifted from the Sun Says column and regurgitated ad infinitum by neutrals/people who take a passing interest in football. It used to annoy me and I remember calling an Arsenal 'fan' out on it (friend of a friend) once but now I just shrug- says more about the person saying it and how seriously their views are to be taken.

From my Facebook.  It was someone replying to my status saying Pardew should jump off the Tyne Bridge.  Honestly man.  People are actually so oblivious to how s*** we are and lap up all this s***. 

Fair enough if nobody actually pays much attention.  As the media are just as bad with this kind of BS.  But don't go on like you're an expert on the subject.  When really, you have no f***ing clue.

TBF, that's a neutral supporter 'opinion' pretty much lifted from the Sun Says column and regurgitated ad infinitum by neutrals/people who take a passing interest in football. It used to annoy me and I remember calling an Arsenal 'fan' out on it (friend of a friend) once but now I just shrug- says more about the person saying it and how seriously their views are to be taken.

I still think a lot of this sort of stuff is just people enjoying our misfortune and enjoying winding us up rather than their real opinions.

Yeah I get that.  But plenty of my mates can actually form an opinion and are aware of his shortcomings or how shit we are to watch.  It seems as if the Sky 4 and 1-2 other clubs get spoken about in the media in any detail.  The rest seems like a real nuisance to them.  So they just lie and spout any old bollocks.  Then people lap it up and pass it off as their own opinion.

I just cannot stand shit like this with their faux-knowledge of what is going on at NUFC. 

It's amazing that Pardew gets the league finish he does, which is almost an acceptable league finish in some respects, but always manages to do it in the worst way possible.  Football is supposed to be fun and entertaining.  So we should set out to play Football and beat teams like Sunderland and Hull at home and those are the games that should be enjoyable.  Most of the time we should win them and win some of them well in entertaining fashion.  Then we should go and have a go at teams like Chelsea and probably lose the majority of the time.  That would be fine, because we'd be playing Football in a way that entertains and meeting expectations in ways fans expect them to be met.  With Pardew we set up to counter attack/doggedly defend against rubbish teams at home and often get a result much worse than the one any right minded manager would achieve, while also looking dull and awful.  Then we do the same against Chelsea but grind a win, but it's still woeful Football where we're played off the park and should lose comfortably.

The end result of all this is that we barely play anything resembling Football and we often look like some team of championship plodders with a few moments of flair thrown in.  We never entertain, we never look like a cohesive passing unit and we never look like we have anything resembling a pattern of play.  This just isn't what Football is about.  Managers like Pardew are a plague on Football, dragging the level down and making the game a barren wasteland of grim disappointment.  It might take a long time for this club to be right again, but it'll be a happy happy day when Pardew is no longer our manager.

Cannot actually get over the fact that with Cisse on the current goal scoring run he is, we did not start him, and then brought on Geordie Armstrong ahead of him.

Just incredible stuff  :lol:

Watching the nonsense unfold yesterday was surreal.

I know the True Faith facebook page is horrendous but I did like this comment:

We invented a new word before the match yesterday: "parduous", meaning utter shite leading to great suffering among the masses.. what was the game like?"......"typically parduous,as per usual"..

I know the True Faith facebook page is horrendous but I did like this comment:

We invented a new word before the match yesterday: "parduous", meaning utter s**** leading to great suffering among the masses.. what was the game like?"......"typically parduous,as per usual"..

:lol: