Crystal Palace manager

Mick

Guest YonderStar

No criticism of Ashley or Charnley will be tolerated? :lol:

Which yonder f***ing star are you on?

LOL, What part of that comment do you not understand, I shall try and explain it to you?

Oh btw, I from a yonderstar called truth, wisdom and intellect, why not visit us sometime, be sure to wipe the egg of thy face first though, looks a bit silly  :lol: :lol: :lol:

No criticism of Ashley or Charnley will be tolerated? :lol:

Which yonder f***ing star are you on?

LOL, What part of that comment do you not understand, I shall try and explain it to you?

Oh btw, I from a yonderstar called truth, wisdom and intellect, why not visit us sometime, be sure to wipe the egg of thy face first though, looks a bit silly  :lol: :lol: :lol:

I tend to be wary of people who describe themselves as "truth, wisdom, and intellect" :lol:

There's a lot of true and valid points in Tmonkeys post but hating Pardew more than Ashley is simply idiotic.

The man hired Pardew ffs then gave him an 8 year contract. We qualified for Europe then decided to bolster the squad with only fucking Anita. Ashley fucked over Keegan, Lied to us. Branded SJP the Sports Direct Arena ffs.

Point is some of Ashley's policies have been moulded and shaped by Pardew's ineptitude. It's a fair argument.

Mike Ashley was Alan Pardew's boss.  He had all the power. If he gobbled up Pardew's shite then it's his fault.

In any case there's very few PL owners that are driven by financial gain that are excited by the Europa League. The money is all in the CL and the barriers to entry for that are sky-high.

Have to agree with TCD, Ashley has been 1000x more damaging for the club than Pardew. As much I disliked the bloke, I don't think it's fair to blame him for all the ills at the club and give him no credit for 11/12. It's as bad as the people who praise him for finishing 5th and blame Ashley for all the poor runs of form. I think Pardew has broken 99% of fans. There are a lot of intelligent people who can't seem to analyse his reign rationally.

Also, I'm not sure how Ashley seems to escape blame for giving a manager an 8 year contract, and then giving him totally unsuitable players to work with.

In my opinion, Ashley had no intention of achieving anything other than survival after the Keegan fiasco. Pardew is scum for accepting that, but I do not believe it was his idea.

Have to agree with TCD, Ashley has been 1000x more damaging for the club than Pardew. As much I disliked the bloke, I don't think it's fair to blame him for all the ills at the club and give him no credit for 11/12. It's as bad as the people who praise him for finishing 5th and blame Ashley for all the poor runs of form. I think Pardew has broken 99% of fans. There are a lot of intelligent people who can't seem to analyse his reign rationally.

Also, I'm not sure how Ashley seems to escape blame for giving a manager an 8 year contract, and then giving him totally unsuitable players to work with.

In my opinion, Ashley had no intention of achieving anything other than survival after the Keegan fiasco. Pardew is scum for accepting that, but I do not believe it was his idea.

Then why did he pay ~£8m for Cisse in January 2012, when we were perfectly safe, full in the knowledge that it would potentially put us in mortal danger of relegation (i.e. qualify for Europe)?

Then why did he pay ~£8m for Cisse in January 2012, when we were perfectly safe, full in the knowledge that it would potentially put us in mortal danger of relegation (i.e. qualify for Europe)?

My theory is he felt that this was the first time Champions League football (well money) was within reach. We missed out and had to settle for the Europa League. After the disastrous 12/13 season he felt that going for the top 4 wasn't worth the risk of ending up the Europa League which is why we haven't bothered in subsequent transfer windows (apart from when we were in danger of going down).

Or maybe Pardew persuaded Ashley to be ambitious?  :cheesy:

If he wanted us to challenge again after the 5th season, he would've signed more players than Anita that summer. He would've signed the lads we ended up buying in January - in August if he wanted to kick on.

After that 5th season he realised if we where to sustain our good form - he couldn't sell a purple in January. In fact, he would probably have to buy one. He's not in that game.

Ashley's a gambling man. I think he learnt it's  better to gamble that you can sell your best asset in Janaury and be okay after a good start than try and push on for the CL. You'll still most likely miss the CL and the squad will need bolstering until it was genuinely European strength. We aren't trying to run the same type of club as a Spurs.

I'm not going to place the entire blame on the employee rather than the owner. That's silly. The buck starts and stops with him. He has the most influence in the club. Being an idiot isn't an excuse.

One thing people always forget, when it comes to Pardew, is that we forklifted him off the scrapheap. His managerial career was in tatters after Soton - no track record beyond a cup final which he lost, and numerous failings. He had one good season with us but it didn't mean he'd miraculously transformed from being a two-bit nobody, forgotten by everyone, into a good PL manager. He can whinge all he likes about Ashley now, after being complicit in various unambitious policies - policies that gave him an unlikely route back to the big time.

He's the luckiest manager in the country, and that's before you even consider the group of internationals he was provided with here.

One thing people always forget, when it comes to Pardew, is that we forklifted him off the scrapheap. His managerial career was in tatters after Soton - no track record beyond a cup final which he lost, and numerous failings. He had one good season with us but it didn't mean he'd miraculously transformed from being a two-bit nobody, forgotten by everyone, into a good PL manager. He can whinge all he likes about Ashley now, after being complicit in various unambitious policies - policies that gave him an unlikely route back to the big time.

He's the luckiest manager in the country, and that's before you even consider the group of internationals he was provided with here.

:thup:

'Always been a good manager' :anguish:

Fair points TCD, and yeah you're right, I should hate Ashley more.

I guess my hatred for Ashley is placated somewhat by accepting third party comments that (a) he doesn't understand football, (b) is surrounded by poor people who advise him badly, and © probably only knows the Sports Direct business model, which is to run things as cheaply as possible and look to get the best margins. Additionally, I don't think many will agree here but for me despite everything he's done wrong, as long as he gives his manager a decent squad with talented players with the potential to form a side that becomes a dark horse/outside contender for a CL spot (i.e. the type of squad Pardew has had till he ripped it apart recently), then I'm willing to park his mistakes to the side for the time being as I think that's the "bottom line" for an owner of a mid table club.

And conversely, my hatred for Pardew is elevated because on top of all of his excuses and lies ("science is against me"), on top of him completely ripping away technical ability from the squad by freezing players out for inexplicable reasons whilst his locker room Championship standard "mates" got constant Premiership game time and thereby setting a precedent for putting faith in a type of player who doesn't deserve it, despite all the cowardly tactics, the horrendous results, the clear intent to play hoofball with players completely unsuited, the disgusting personality he clearly has, the hanging the youngsters out to dry, despite all of this Pardew did the one thing that has effectively given NUFC fans a death sentance - he persuaded the owner that Europe is a bad thing which can cause relegation (and this is within the context of point (a) above).

Hence why I hate Pardew more. He's achieved the one thing that can kill a football club like ours more than anything else - removed the basic ambition to do well in the league and ensuring it's an actual policy to not do "too well" (something that could still be done on a budget, so mentioning not spending enough to actively push forward is irrelevant to an extent). Again, I don't for a second believe Ashley would otherwise say "No" to European qualification if it wasn't because of Pardew's incompetence nearly getting us relegated as he spouted lie after lie to cover his own back. It's more money, it's increased advertising, why wouldn't he want that? Because we nearly got relegated and Pardew told him the reason for it, that's why.

Just think of Pardew's legacy now, all because of his lies. Now our season will finish in December/January every year if we're lucky enough to get 30 points on the board by then because Ashley will actively tell whoever the manager is to stop winning too many points. We'll have players who will be desperate to leave as soon as they show a bit of good form because they know there's zero ambition here and that everyone will give up come February (in turn making themselves all look bad, hence why they'll need to push for a transfer in January). Decent managers would probably still want to manage at NUFC (there's not alot of options and this is still the PL so will be highly attractive to many abroad especially in countries where a mere "head coach" is the norm), but now Ashley won't want them because he'll be terrified that with more Carr bargain basement signings they might suddenly push for Europe.

I guess you can call it hatred within context.

Don't forget as well that the club did 'research' into how cup runs get clubs relegated. And since there's no money to be had, we choose to go out ASAP.

Quite possibly another Pardew legacy.