Crystal Palace manager

Mick

Ashley felt the use of five first-team players for a Capital One Cup tie at Gillingham just a few days before the Crystal Palace clash in the league was excessive and could have played a part in Newcastle’s laboured display in a 3-3 draw.

:mackems:

Everything about that sentence man.

Where's that from?

Express article lovejoy mentioned: http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/509316/EXCLUSIVE-Alan-Pardew-has-just-TWO-games-to-turn-it-around-at-Newcastle

Ashley felt the use of five first-team players for a Capital One Cup tie at Gillingham just a few days before the Crystal Palace clash in the league was excessive and could have played a part in Newcastle’s laboured display in a 3-3 draw.

:lol: ffs

I'm REALLY hoping the implication is that we shouldn't need that many against Gilingham. But as Pardew has proved he cannot win games against even conference sides with the youngsters or subs making up the majority of the team. Either way, I'll gladly take any criticism against the tool.

I'm REALLY hoping the implication is that we shouldn't need that many against Gilingham. But as Pardew has proved he cannot win games against even conference sides with the youngsters or subs making up the majority of the team. Either way, I'll gladly take any criticism against the tool.

i'd like to think the implication is this combined with the fact even ashley realises his team are going to have to start winning games at home at some stage

Guest thenorthumbrian

Once Pardew's been given the boot the next worry is who the hell will Ashley bring in to replace him, Denis Wise anyone ?

Probably Joe Kinnear

:scared:

I am officially frightened, thanks.

Can't be the folks of NUST, as a rival site at a different time was not launched with NUST plastered all over it, as is their wont, with the bloke behind @nufcfans honking the horn.

Whoever or whatever is behind that site has my utmost respect, glad it's being picked up by journos.

:lol: ffs

A game we narrowly won with an own goal :lol: without those first teamers we'd have went out...

Probably what Ashley was hoping, mind.

What time is this joker's press conference?

It'll be stage managed, the nufc press team have had a week or so to work on a story for pardew to wheel out as fact.  No difficult questions will be asked of pardew, if they are then the press officer steps in.

What time is this joker's press conference?

It'll be stage managed, the nufc press team have had a week or so to work on a story for pardew to wheel out as fact.  No difficult questions will be asked of pardew, if they are then the press officer steps in.

Usually about lunchtime. Expect more drivel than usual.

Take him in a second. Comedy value, better football and he'll be dead soon anyway.

:lol: I agree, actually. I have a love-hate relationship with Kinnear. Pardew I just hate.

:lol: :lol: Same here. Especially for the first point Ronaldo makes- if we're gonna be a joke club we might as well be a proper joke club, instead of a negative, poisonous joke club.

That sounds like bullshit tbh. Ashley doesn't look into football in that much depth, he's the last person who would be thinking about fatigue or adequate resting period.