Crystal Palace manager

Mick

Guest Howaythetoon

Alan Pardew cares massively about how others percieve him, he loves to be liked and loved, it cut deep the SackPardew campaign, the home match against Cardiff, very deep. He walked on NUFC because he couldn't bare to have his awful record put up in lights. This is a man who looks in the mirror in the morning and gives himself a pep talk, this is a man who talks to himself and says things like 'Alan, you are better than this, you are bigger than GOD.' He is doing a good job at Palace all things considered and maybe he has found his club, like how Curbishley and Charlton somehow worked or Big Sam and Bolton. Time will tell. Personally I feel their season will hit a brick wall soon and they will drop massively and he will always be found out because he's a fraud and fraudsters always get found out.

Alan Pardew cares massively about how others percieve him, he loves to be liked and loved, it cut deep the SackPardew campaign, the home match against Cardiff, very deep. He walked on NUFC because he couldn't bare to have his awful record put up in lights. This is a man who looks in the mirror in the morning and gives himself a pep talk, this is a man who talks to himself and says things like 'Alan, you are better than this, you are bigger than GOD.' He is doing a good job at Palace all things considered and maybe he has found his club, like how Curbishley and Charlton somehow worked or Big Sam and Bolton. Time will tell. Personally I feel their season will hit a brick wall soon and they will drop massively and he will always be found out because he's a fraud and fraudsters always get found out.

funny i was just thinking what he'd do if he was offered liverpool as penfold charnley tweeted about it - imo he'd knock it back under the guise of just having joined palace but in reality we know he simply couldn't handle the focus and attention of a sizeable club again, and he knows it

if he does well at palace and england come he'll take that for obvious reasons, but as long as palace are in the PL and have a bit of cash they'll have to napalm him out of that club imo, perfect fit

He's been lucky to chance upon a side with a lot of pace and power up front with players who actually like playing for their team (which is half the battle). The players have strong identities as well so there aren't any tactical grey areas for him to over ponder and fuck up. The first test will be a bad run and that will happen around Xmas.

Guest Bert Shaft

Seeing as I dont give 2 f*cks about International fooball, I really hope Pardew gets the England's manager job next time its available then I can enjoy watching all those silly f*ckers who think the sun shines out of Pardews rusty bullet hole, (Ian Wright, Paul Merson, Lily Savage etc), squirm like f*ck when he gets shown up as the arrogant egotistical useless tw*t he is.

He's been lucky to chance upon a side with a lot of pace and power up front with players who actually like playing for their team (which is half the battle). The players have strong identities as well so there aren't any tactical grey areas for him to over ponder and f*** up. The first test will be a bad run and that will happen around Xmas.

If there is a contrast with us, it's that this summer, Bolasie would have been sold, Zaha wouldn't have been bought, and they'd have been left with whichever cheap player Pardew chose, maybe after failing to loan Januzaj.

He's been lucky to chance upon a side with a lot of pace and power up front with players who actually like playing for their team (which is half the battle). The players have strong identities as well so there aren't any tactical grey areas for him to over ponder and fuck up. The first test will be a bad run and that will happen around Xmas.

his first test will be when bolasie, cabaye and puncheon get injured at the same time, either all or a couple of them and the team can't score goals

those stats the other day show palace are riding their luck and are basically doing teams on the break because they're not conceding and scoring at the right time

we all know how it'll go anyways, i think it's likely he'll have a decent season this one but next i expect it to start falling apart

His biggest fault is he is a competent manager who successfully implements Ashleys idea by various means that ultimately hurts the club in the long run.  Normal managers would either quit the job or fail to implement.  Whether the blame is more on Ashley or Pardew is debatable, but his time at palace proves that he is a competent manager and did have ambition.  The Cabaye purchase would not happen if he didnt push for it to the extreme, and it brings them huge rewards. This would never happen to us.

I support the sack pardew campaign for our club's long term future.  That doesnt mean i think he is a bad manager. In fact he is competent, stucked in the middle, which hurt us most by prolonging Ashleys era and maximizing his investment return.  If he is a very talented manager, he could bring us to top 6 despite having limited resources.    If he is a s*** manager, we should have relegated for long and Ashley should sell the club already.

Personally i wont hate him because he is not the one who initiated the idea.  He is just an executor.

His biggest fault is he is a competent manager who successfully implements Ashleys idea by various means that ultimately hurts the club in the long run.  Normal managers would either quit the job or fail to implement.  Whether the blame is more on Ashley or Pardew is debatable, but his time at palace proves that he is a competent manager and did have ambition.  The Cabaye purchase would not happen if he didnt push for it to the extreme, and it brings them huge rewards. This would never happen to us.

I support the sack pardew campaign for our club's long term future.  That doesnt mean i think he is a bad manager. In fact he is competent, stucked in the middle, which hurt us most by prolonging Ashleys era and maximizing his investment return.  If he is a very talented manager, he could bring us to top 6 despite having limited resources.    If he is a s*** manager, we should have relegated for long and Ashley should sell the club already.

Personally i wont hate him because he is not the one who initiated the idea.  He is just an executor.

So you don't remember us flirting with relegation until the last couple of games of the season while he was in charge? We needed two massive fuck-ups by Bosingwa and Green, and a goal by Tiendalli for Swansea to save our skin. 

He's won, you've lost. When he thinks back to that Stoke game, he laughs. When he looks at the league table, he laughs. The media are on his side. Fans of other clubs are on his side. He doesn't care if Newcastle fans hate him. Even if it goes terribly next season, people will refer back to the 'good job' he did at Newcastle, and his first one and a half seasons at Palace.

Then he'll get another PL job somewhere, or a cushy job as a media expert. Or maybe just retire on his millions and focus on his playboy lifestyle. His ego will not be dented.

Accept it, move on. It's over. Will be less painful for you this way.

I'm just amazed Liverpool are looking to hire the unproven (in the premier) Klopp considering Pards' qualities. Why would you want to take a punt on a German coach used to playing pansy continental football when you have the best British manager in the game tearing up the premier league right on your doorstep?

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

CQf4Zk6WUAA2KS9.png

Palace concede more shots to the opposition than every club bar us and the mackems and no club has a conceded fewer.

Walking a tightrope.

I think this chart doesn't tell the whole story though. They conceded like 20+ shots against Chelsea and ManCity but only about 6 or 7 were on target. Actually they have conceded only around 45 shots on target which on average would give you 5 goals. They let in 7 right now which makes them the top joint defence in the league. You can call him stubborn, coward but not lucky.

Well it's true, if you put eight strapping players behind the ball and defend in depth you're not likely to concede many. A couple of pacy forwards and some set piece threat and Fat Sam's your uncle.