Crystal Palace manager

Mick

He also severely weakened our squad by f***ing off HBA.

I love HBA. But he's fallen out with a number of managers and team mates. The common denominator here is Hatem. If he doesn't have an attitude problem he never plays for NUFC in the first instance.

Seems to be doing ok this season.

Nobody thought everything was Pardew's fault :lol:

Time isn't showing that he did a better job than we thought of at the time, but it is allowing people to rewrite history. He had a strong squad here and it wasn't until we sold Cabaye that that really changed. McClaren, although I didn't want him and I still don't, has never had that luxury.

Obviously it could have been better, ignoring the fact he was complicit from the start you could complain that we were short in reserve, our bench has never been stellar and we've always had 1 or 2 misfits in the starting XI, but nothing close to what we have now.

When your second best attacking threat is your right back that tells its own story imo. Our midfield is the most unsuitable pairing I've ever seen for us, our strikers are substandard and we have a defence that's been terrible and hardly been changed.

None of this was common thought on this board 12-16 months ago.Even 6 months ago. A lot of people thought we would finish top 10 in the league with this very squad in January. A lot of people thought this was a top 10 squad at the beginning of last season without Wij and co. You can look in the threads. I thought Wijnaldum was here to play CM.

He had a strong squad here and it wasn't until we sold Cabaye that that really changed.

When we sold Cabaye, we where 6th in the league.

8th. But don't let that stop you rewriting history, again.

He also severely weakened our squad by f***ing off HBA.

I love HBA. But he's fallen out with a number of managers and team mates. The common denominator here is Hatem. If he doesn't have an attitude problem he never plays for NUFC in the first instance.

Seems to be doing ok this season.

What does that have to do with anything? It's only been 6 months, he was here for 2 1/2 years before he had issues. He's had a horrible 18 months and he just might have matured mentally as a result of his issues. I hope he has. But that doesn't change a history of falling out with team mates and managers. If reports are true - both of which happened at Newcastle. This is a pattern of behaviour.

Again - I love Hatem. But he doesn't end up at Newcastle unless something previously was off.

I don't know whether i'm not communicating clearly but people are missing the point. So i'm going to try again. Hatem Ben Arfa is an extremely talented footballer. Ability wise he should be playing for a top team. However, looking at his career he seems to be a difficult character to work with. He's fallen out and fought team mates on a scale that can't be repaired on more than one occasion. He's fallen out with a number of managers to the same degree. He's ended up playing for clubs below his level of talent as a result. It's clear he's a difficult lad to work with and has so far ended his period at every club he's been at unpopular with management and/or team mates. It is Hatem with the issues, not all of these other people. he gets sold or released from Marseille, Lyon, Newcastle & Hull not because people do not rate his ability as a footballer but because of  all the other issues I've highlighted.

Is this clear enough?

He had a strong squad here and it wasn't until we sold Cabaye that that really changed.

It's hardly rewriting history. We where in a good league position when he left. I think that Christmas we where slightly higher perhaps 5/6th. Would you like to confirm that for me?

We won something like 3 games after he left and still managed to finish 10th which shows how strong we performed in that first half. None

It's hardly rewriting history. We where in a good league position when he left. I think that Christmas we where slightly higher perhaps 5/6th. Would you like to confirm that for me?

We won something like 3 games after he left and still managed to finish 10th which shows how strong we performed in that first half. None

I have no interest in debating Pardew. He's a cunt, always will be and I hope he dies.

Can you please stop writing where instead of were? It's annoying and out of character for an erudite member of the forum like yourself.

Guest firetotheworks

Nobody thought everything was Pardew's fault [emoji38]

Time isn't showing that he did a better job than we thought of at the time, but it is allowing people to rewrite history. He had a strong squad here and it wasn't until we sold Cabaye that that really changed. McClaren, although I didn't want him and I still don't, has never had that luxury.

Obviously it could have been better, ignoring the fact he was complicit from the start you could complain that we were short in reserve, our bench has never been stellar and we've always had 1 or 2 misfits in the starting XI, but nothing close to what we have now.

When your second best attacking threat is your right back that tells its own story imo. Our midfield is the most unsuitable pairing I've ever seen for us, our strikers are substandard and we have a defence that's been terrible and hardly been changed.

None of this was common thought on this board 12-16 months ago.Even 6 months ago. A lot of people thought we would finish top 10 in the league with this very squad in January. A lot of people thought this was a top 10 squad at the beginning of last season without Wij and co. You can look in the threads. I thought Wijnaldum was here to play CM.

Any examples? Because I don't recall seeing that as a commonly shared view on here at all.

Hate people referring to what has happened since he left like it has some bearing on how good he is. Idiotic.

As for last season I could be wrong but we had one of our worst ever starts to a season which he recovered with a classic flukey 6 winning game run that masked how awful we were and he is. Then he ran away creating some type of triumph for himself.

He was and is an utter shitcunt TCD. Give it up, please.

Any examples? Because I don't recall seeing that as a commonly shared view on here at all.

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php?topic=93628.300

Have a gander. More than 60% thought the sqaud is top half/top 8 material.

Even as far back as 2013 I haven't rated the team as good as many seem to.

If we are consistent across the season then top 8, we are a couple of defensive signings away from the top 6, top 5 if one of the 'elite' teams have a bad season like Chelsea a few years ago.

On our day, with a bit of luck we can beat anyone in the league (not strong enough to do it across a season though). For this reason I'd say we are as good as anyone for the cups, I would imagine that a lot of teams would want to keep away from us in the draws.

If we have a bad season though I can see us finishing 12th-ish, and that would be acceptable if we are showing the rights signs of improvements on the pitch.

Stif thinks top 8.

No idea. A lot of new signings. Don't know how good Chancel, Wijnaldum, Thauvin & Mitro are in the PL. And they are all crucial to our success.

Funnily enough - the "know it all" of the forum had no idea.

Right now I see us midtable at best. But I would take that if it meant we get to watch good football which I think mcclarens trying to implement.

We are desperatley short of at least centre back left back and cover at right back

Using Stifler as an example and then the most obvious comment of "New signings might be crucial to our success". Well I never.

Stop the printing presses.

In that thread he linked you yourself seemed to laugh at the notion that we could possibly get relegated if you have a look

Using Stifler as an example and then the most obvious comment of "New signings might be crucial to our success". Well I never.

In that thread he linked you yourself seemed to laugh at the notion that we could possibly get relegated if you have a look

I laughed at the fact our target should be "avoid the drop". Ambitious I know.

I'm not defending McClaren - i've never rated him.

Right now we are below par (which is midtable). If we are to avoid a very tough season Colo & Cisse need to go at the very least.

But it's difficult when the alternatives are Fistpumps and an untested kid in the PL.

A graphic came up from sky sports asking, "Will NUFC avoid the drop?", and your next comment was "Avoid the drop FFS" which seemed to suggest that you thought we would do much better than that

A graphic came up from sky sports asking, "Will NUFC avoid the drop?", and your next comment was "Avoid the drop FFS" which seemed to suggest that you thought we would do much better than that

I know, that is what I just alluded to in my post.

Didn't everybody think that back in August? Our squad is not very good but we shouldn't be in a relegation battle.

Didn't everybody think that back in August? Our squad is not very good but we shouldn't be in a relegation battle.

Well isn't that the point TCD is trying to make?

If he had any stones to him he would had us finish top 4 the season we finished 5th, he would have had us top 7 the season we nearly got relegated, and he would have done so with a very good squad (that 11/12 squad) and he would have figured out that his team needed to be built around Ba, HBA and Cabaye and figured out how to do that by also not allowing Ba to get disenchanted with playing LW, or Cabaye to go on strike and then come back etc.

He royally f***ed the best squad he would ever have and he's very lucky Bolaise, Zaha, Puncheon basically are playing in the forms of their lives b/c we all know Pardew gets regularly turned over YEAR OVER YEAR by better managers.

He would have developed the players that were signed for him or gotten huge fees for him for being a good manager capable of developing talent etc. No, no way, he didn't do any of that.

Some of the teams we could have (and did) put out during his tenure; particularly between 2012-14, man alive. So much talent. To think of where he had us, and the turgid rank football we played. :anguish: I've said this before but all the 'other stuff' sometimes makes you forget just how utterly gash his performance was, too.

He's done a top job with Patrick Bamford's development. Great man management skills, must have used them on Ben Arfa too.

:lol: aye hes buzzing off that loan move

I read Bamford told the press he was sacking Palace off and heading back to Chelsea without even telling Pardew first :lol: Attitude problem clearly, no wonder he didn't play.