Crystal Palace manager

Mick

. The manager is getting more than the sum of their parts.

Starting to really get to me now that so many people on this board apparently don't think this is possible and that we're just doomed to be where we are because we don't have a 100% mint squad. It's fucking laughable, a good manager would have us performing, no doubt about it :thup:

You're making up opinions to argue with man. Everyone knows our form to date and the position we're in is unacceptable.

Starting to really get to me now that so many people on this board apparently don't think this is possible and that we're just doomed to be where we are because we don't have a 100% mint squad. It's f***ing laughable, a good manager would have us performing, no doubt about it :thup:

I think this requires solid fundamentals and superb team spirit. Strong defenders, midfielders that compete, attackers that cause problems and score goals. To varying degrees that's what Leicester, Watford and Palace have (bit of magic rather than goalscoring attackers). We don't have any of those. No dominant CB's like them, no competitive central midfielders like Cabaye, Capoue or Kante, no goalscorers like Mahrez or Igahlo.

You need both obviously. Mark Hughes is not an awful manager but you'd think so if you just went off QPR.

His record at Wales, Fulham, Blackburn and now Stoke are really impressive. Doesn't get the credit he deserves Hughes.

You need both obviously. Mark Hughes is not an awful manager but you'd think so if you just went off QPR.

His record at Wales, Fulham, Blackburn and now Stoke are really impressive. Doesn't get the credit he deserves Hughes.

Completely agree. He was never the right fit for Man City, and no idea what happened with QPR, but I think he's a good manager who plays good football.

Completely agree. He was never the right fit for Man City, and no idea what happened with QPR, but I think he's a good manager who plays good football.

I can't stand the way Hughes goes on but in Arnautovic, Bojan & Shaqiri, he's formed a great front 3.

Starting to really get to me now that so many people on this board apparently don't think this is possible and that we're just doomed to be where we are because we don't have a 100% mint squad. It's fucking laughable, a good manager would have us performing, no doubt about it :thup:

You're making up opinions to argue with man. Everyone knows our form to date and the position we're in is unacceptable.

I don't think I am, go to the McClaren thread and it's full of people explaining why we can't compete because Janmaat can't defend, Dummett is shit, Mbemba is young, Colo is shot, Colback and Anita are small and shit, Mitrovic is young and new.... and so on right through the team. It's all excuses for the manager being unable to make them into more than the sum of their parts.

Starting to really get to me now that so many people on this board apparently don't think this is possible and that we're just doomed to be where we are because we don't have a 100% mint squad. It's f***ing laughable, a good manager would have us performing, no doubt about it :thup:

I think this requires solid fundamentals and superb team spirit. Strong defenders, midfielders that compete, attackers that cause problems and score goals. To varying degrees that's what Leicester, Watford and Palace have (bit of magic rather than goalscoring attackers). We don't have any of those. No dominant CB's like them, no competitive central midfielders like Cabaye, Capoue or Kante, no goalscorers like Mahrez or Igahlo.

I think you're right to a degree but I refuse to accept there's not a consistent goal threat capable of being developed from a combination of Thauvin, Sissoko, Wijnaldum, Mitrovic, Perez & De Jong.

That is a very dangerous group of players and McClaren has not managed to get them looking anything like an attacking unit that can perform well consistently. This is the whole point about him - a good manager could do better, that's all anyone is saying about him.

I don't think I am, go to the McClaren thread and it's full of people explaining why we can't compete because Janmaat can't defend, Dummett is shit, Mbemba is young, Colo is shot, Colback and Anita are small and shit, Mitrovic is young and new.... and so on right through the team. It's all excuses for the manager being unable to make them into more than the sum of their parts.

Agree completely, we all know the shortcomings of the team, but there is no way he is getting anywhere near the best out of them. We've an attacking winger sat on the bench doing fuck all, and he's not even attempted to change our midfield in any way.

:thup: no one is saying we should be up there with Leicester but another 6-9 points and comfortable mid table would be on the board with a good manager. I'm not sure why it's even up for debate [emoji38]

Agree completely, we all know the shortcomings of the team, but there is no way he is getting anywhere near the best out of them. We've an attacking winger sat on the bench doing fuck all, and he's not even attempted to change our midfield in any way.

:thup: no one is saying we should be up there with Leicester but another 6-9 points and comfortable mid table would be on the board with a good manager. I'm not sure why it's even up for debate [emoji38]

It's not up for debate. An additional 6 points is the bare minimum we should have. Pointing out that the squad we have is fairly pitiful doesn't excuse it.

It's not up for debate. An additional 6 points is the bare minimum we should have. Pointing out that the squad we have is fairly pitiful doesn't excuse it.

:thup:

Nah. They've been the most direct team I've seen at SJP this season. Kept playing long diagonals to Deeney and Igahlo and we couldn't handle it.  Deeney is a real leader too.  Fantastic work rate. Great in the air. Strong. Team player. He's been fantastic - way better than any of our lot.We never looked like scoring against them either.   

The whole team is confident so they're playing it about a bit but mostly it's strength, athleticism and organisation down the spine with massive quality up top.

Except when we scored  :lol:

Nah. They've been the most direct team I've seen at SJP this season. Kept playing long diagonals to Deeney and Igahlo and we couldn't handle it.  Deeney is a real leader too.  Fantastic work rate. Great in the air. Strong. Team player. He's been fantastic - way better than any of our lot.We never looked like scoring against them either.   

The whole team is confident so they're playing it about a bit but mostly it's strength, athleticism and organisation down the spine with massive quality up top.

:lol: well we never looked like equalising.

Guest neesy111

:lol: well we never looked like equalising.

That is true, we were rotten that day.

I'm finding it very hard to tell people how shit Pardew is. All I hear is "well, he gets results... just look at Palace... and you're lot is now worse off without him. He got you 5th!". I then point to how bad we were, and the standard response is "well, your owner did sell his best players and never backed him".

Problem is until he implodes at Palace he will be seen as the second coming of Jesus for some reason. Even Big Sam eventually was labelled as a lower Premier League manager at best, but with Pardew people get carried away thinking he could be a top 6 team manager. I then try to say "well, you're a Liverpool/Spurs/Man Utd/Arsenal fan, would you take him at your club?" - funnily they go quiet then.

I just wish this thread could be locked until he's imploded and anything to do with him could some how be deleted from my senses too until that point. The more Palace do well and we do shit, the more it looks to the neutrals that it was all down to him.